5 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Butcher Level 2 Advice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dunn
msg tools
I think I can take him.

Last hunt, I was aiming for an L2 Screaming Antelope, but got ambushed by a L3 Lion. I got some lucky, lucky rolls and escaped with two survivors still intact. I got a buttload of resources from criticals, rewards and victory conditions, plus what I've got in storage.

I have full sets of leather, rawhide and lion armor. I will be completing a second set of leather this next settlement phase. I've got lion katars, a counterweighted axe, a scrap sword, cat gut bow, and a leather shield. Bandages, frenzy potion, acanthus. I've got survivors with some good strength and some decent evasion.

To beat this guy, though, I think I'm gonna hafta send my very best survivors out there, which includes a red savior. I did this when I faced him the first time and well...it was a massacre. Just...horrible things were done and he laughed.

So, does my current set up look like it can hang? I think I'm square on armor, though I can probably swing another leather shield. I might have enough to set up the blacksmith and get a better sword. That's a big might, but we'll see. If not, what weapons should I shoot for?

What do y'all think?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dunn
msg tools
Yup, got the Circlet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, luck sucks against him.

My best experience is slow-speed strong weapons, with surge, and a lot of evasion buffs, and basically ignore finesse.

If you go through a decent bit of his deck without hitting the trap, it might be worth Blocking instead of gambling more offense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Spend your Survival as quickly as you can, for whatever marginal advantage you can squeeze out of it. You can't spend it once you've frenzied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.