6 Posts

Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Minor Jihad solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since a minor jihad can't worsen a country's governance from poor to Islamist, would you ever select a minor jihad in a good country without an aid marker? I'm new to the game and playing it that I'd skip to "Cells Available?"in the flowchart. Am I playing it correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd do it under rare circumstances such as near the end of the game if you needed the US down some resources to prevent a win or to set up conditions for a powerful event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry... let me edit that question real quick... I put "good" where I meant to put "poor".

Here's the updated original:

Since a minor jihad can't worsen a country's governance from poor to Islamist, would you ever select a minor jihad in a poor country without an aid marker? I'm new to the game and playing it that I'd skip to "Cells Available?"in the flowchart. Am I playing it correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You'd only ever really major jihad in that situation. The risk of losing a cell isn't worth getting rid of an aid marker in a country already at poor. There are many more productive things you could likely do with your card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smittyohio wrote:
would you ever select a minor jihad in a poor country without an aid marker? I'm new to the game and playing it that I'd skip to "Cells Available?"in the flowchart.

I don't have the English flowchart (I have the Italian edition of Labyrinth), but I'm pretty sure that when you have to choose between Minor Jihad and going to "Cells Available?", you have to check if a Minor Jihad is possible in Good/Fair countries (or at least that's what Rule 9.4.1 says).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evacbs wrote:
smittyohio wrote:
would you ever select a minor jihad in a poor country without an aid marker? I'm new to the game and playing it that I'd skip to "Cells Available?"in the flowchart.

I don't have the English flowchart (I have the Italian edition of Labyrinth), but I'm pretty sure that when you have to choose between Minor Jihad and going to "Cells Available?", you have to check if a Minor Jihad is possible in Good/Fair countries (or at least that's what Rule 9.4.1 says).

Edit: never mind, I see my mistake now... Poor shouldn't be considered. Thanks ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.