Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
I'm wondering if there's any way of viewing private information from my own Collection? I'm talking about the type of information available in the Advanced/Private Info properties of a game entry such as Price Paid, Private Comment, Acquisition Date and such.

I have data here that I would like to sort a list of items with, but I can't as these data fields are not available while making a game list.

I'm guessing it's related to the fact that Collections are shareable with anyone getting a link or something like this, but still

Sorry if this has been asked before! I searched but did not find =/

*EDIT* I meant to say Collection, not a Geeklist as I did in my original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, private info is not connected to geeklists in any way. Are you trying to sort a geeklist made by someone else using your own private info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
I meant to say a Collection, not a geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
mnemonicuz wrote:
Thanks.
I meant to say a Collection, not a geeklist.

That's easier.

Just click on "Columns »" and turn on "Private Info". (You might want to turn off some other column(s) to keep the display from getting too wide.

If you click on "Permalink", upper right, you can save the link in your QuickBar or anywhere else you can save an URL--a bookmark, your desktop, etc. This will allow you to access this view in one click, instead of the several clicks you need if you use the "Views »" feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
This did the trick.
Unfortunate that the different attributes aren't separate, as now you can't sort by "Private Info". Would've been awesome to be able to sort by "Price Paid" or "Current Value" or things like this.

But this was the essential thing I wanted, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
mnemonicuz wrote:
Thanks!
This did the trick.
Unfortunate that the different attributes aren't separate, as now you can't sort by "Private Info". Would've been awesome to be able to sort by "Price Paid" or "Current Value" or things like this.

But this was the essential thing I wanted, thank you!

You can download your collection data as a .csv file and sort it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.