• [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All that "At least Cruz stood by his principles" stuff I said earlier this week....

.... scrap that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I thought he already had. Shows how much attention I pay to Cruz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
All that "At least Cruz stood by his principles" stuff I said earlier this week....

.... scrap that.

My guess: Teddy boy read the polls and realized his chances of remaining in the Senate in 2018 - which he needs to do in order to have a chance of running in 2020 - were DOA unless he endorsed Trump immediately.

Because Cruz did stand by his principles, or rather principle, because he has one principle: Ted Cruz should be President. That's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
If we had senate term limits, Ted Cruz would be free to be his (typically awful) self.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see how this particularly helps Trump or Cruz, but OK. Guess Ted's not voting his conscience after all, and his instead voting for the man who insulted his wife's appearance and implied his dad was an accomplice to murder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
let's focus on the good news here, which is that nobody has to feel even the slightest shred of respect for Ted Cruz any more

isn't it refreshing

it's like a nice warm bath
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
let's focus on the good news here, which is that nobody has to feel even the slightest shred of respect for Ted Cruz any more

isn't it refreshing

it's like a nice warm bath

Dude got elected with creepy serial killer eyes. You've at least gotta give props to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

What a schmuck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted Cruz wrote:
"I’m going to do something I haven’t done the entire campaign. I’m going to tell you what I really think of Donald Trump. This man is a pathological liar. He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth. And in a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology text book, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying. ...

Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and says, 'Dude, what's your problem?' The man is utterlly amoral. ... Whatever lie he’s telling, in that minute he believes it.

But the man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him. It’s why he went after Heidi directly, attacked her and smeared her. Heidi isn’t pretty enough for him. ... Donald is a bully. ... Bullies don’t come from strength, they come from weakness. ... There’s a reason Donald builds giant buildings and puts his name on them everywhere he goes. ...Donald has a real problem with women
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

.... scrap that.

My guess: Teddy boy read the polls and realized his chances of remaining in the Senate in 2018 - which he needs to do in order to have a chance of running in 2020 - were DOA unless he endorsed Trump immediately.

Because Cruz did stand by his principles, or rather principle, because he has one principle: Ted Cruz should be President. That's it.

This is the future for the GOP probably. Trump will use his supporters as leverage even after the election. The GOP looks like its on the path to destruction with no way out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a reason this endorsement went out on Facebook instead of a big rally with Ted and Trump on stage together:

There's no way Ted Cruz is going to get on a stage with Donald Trump. The hate these two men have for each other is way too strong to allow for that. This little Facebook post is likely the only thing Cruz will do to help Trump win, because it's the bare minimum necessary to say he supported the nominee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
I think there's a reason this endorsement went out on Facebook instead of a big rally with Ted and Trump on stage together:

There's no way Ted Cruz is going to get on a stage with Donald Trump. The hate these two men have for each other is way too strong to allow for that. This little Facebook post is likely the only thing Cruz will do to help Trump win, because it's the bare minimum necessary to say he supported the nominee.
That just makes this even ore despicable.

Is there any integrity in the GOP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any integrity anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
quozl wrote:
COULD Cruz's "knuckles" "B" 'drag' ANY 'lower'?
whistle
coal-"gailygalaiest attired" where's the 'porcine lipgloss'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Not inside a monetary system. We cannot afford it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
quozl wrote:
LightRider wrote:
wow ~"Barter TOWNS!" & "Thunderin` ADS-Dome"! SEE "Machete-GUY" possibly wield an actual sort, perhaps, even some "Lucky-Moms`s"-one for added "Lucky Motherstabbery"!
surprise ~"Father-wallet-rapine ensues..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
quozl wrote:

Life is pain. Anyone who says different is selling something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Try Calculus teachers.

∫∫∫
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Yes, some of us keep our word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
quozl wrote:
Yes, some of us keep our word.

Thank you. It seems to be quite rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

I'd say about 20% of people still have high integrity and another 30% have high integrity except for a few specific areas.

Another 30% think they have high integrity but don't. For example- it isn't uncommon in online games to call on a lot of favors from others and then get into an argument. Based on the argument, the favors are invalidated and they are free to go join a new group and call in a lot of favors there.

The behavior also occurs in real life and isn't intentional by the conscious mind. One of my friend's crazy fathers got into the habit of always finding a problem with the meal at restaurants and becoming legitimately upset. So much that my friend and her mother would only go out to eat with him with resistance. He didn't do it consciously but he was rewarded with a discount or even free food over the years whenever he did it. He was literally trained by the restaurants to find fault and get upset with them. And we are talking 'skin turns red upset". He wasn't faking it.

Finally there's the 20% who have low integrity and know they do and view everyone else as suckers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
quozl wrote:

I'd say about 20% of people still have high integrity and another 30% have high integrity except for a few specific areas.

Another 30% think they have high integrity but don't. For example- it isn't uncommon in online games to call on a lot of favors from others and then get into an argument. Based on the argument, the favors are invalidated and they are free to go join a new group and call in a lot of favors there.

The behavior also occurs in real life and isn't intentional by the conscious mind. One of my friend's crazy fathers got into the habit of always finding a problem with the meal at restaurants and becoming legitimately upset. So much that my friend and her mother would only go out to eat with him with resistance. He didn't do it consciously but he was rewarded with a discount or even free food over the years whenever he did it. He was literally trained by the restaurants to find fault and get upset with them. And we are talking 'skin turns red upset". He wasn't faking it.

Finally there's the 20% who have low integrity and know they do and view everyone else as suckers.
Like your next president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (Away/AFK)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of politics, given the history, an unbelievable decision from any human being.

And I though Trump was weird. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
quozl wrote:

Like your next president.

Only if trump wins. I dont think hillary is in this category. Im not sure which of the two middle groups i would put her in. I do not think out current system allows high integrity because people who never compromise are incompatible with democracy above the local level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.