Subject: Wiggins versus Mrs Hudson? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Wiggins copy Mrs Hudson, and if so, who gets to solve first?

I've lost this chuffing game three times now to Mrs Hudson - and every time, I had the solution but wasted a turn checking things!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiggins can copy any character provided that the character Wiggins copies doesn't have an icon of Wiggins with an "X" on their card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With no prohibition on copying Mrs Hudson, I guessed that he can. But with both Mrs H and Wiggins going to 221B, who gets to go first?

I let Mrs H go first, and as it happened she had the wrong solution, so I won! Great game. I just wish I knew the definitive answer to this particular conundrum, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rafael saiz perez
Spain
cordoba
cordoba
flag msg tools
Quoted from the rules (Clarifications on using the Characters):

Wiggins (only used in games with 4 or more players)
If a player uses the Wiggins card to imitate the action of Irene Adler at the same time as the other player reveals the card, both players can take notes on that turn. If the same thing happens when copying the action of Mrs Hudson, both players can respond first to the set questions simultaneously (both could share the victory).

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - "RTFM"!

In my defence, the game doesn't belong to me, and the game was explained to us, rather than actually ever looking at the rulebook. But I should have checked there first.

Thanks for your help. It wasn't necessary to apply any tie breaker last night, as Mrs Hudson got it wrong. Although I was still left kicking myself, as I'd written down the (correct) solution two turns earlier. Not the first time that I've hung back from 221B just to check a couple of details, unnecessarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.