Subject: American units in Coastal Raid. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Portugal
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule says: "All of these Units must be removed from American forces elsewhere in play, including from any Expedition."
So, if I undestand it well,I can move units from the top to the bottom map to combat in a Coastal Raid, no matter how far they are.
I can´t figure out this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. It's an abstraction, but it does show the effect of troops being called back to deal with the threat. I usually end up moving in other units from along the coastline that aren't doing much anyway.

The real issue for the American is the potential peace track move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. One of Cockburn's stated objectives was to relieve pressure on the Canadian front. To some extent, it worked. This rule represents that.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Portugal
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both. It does make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.