Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the forums and came across this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1328662/couple-quick-questi...

"I placed a purple mage then I cast a spell that let me wound an opponent and place a mage. So I placed a red mage. Then because It was my main action I get to place a gray mage. Is that correct? Is it possible to chain like that and place 3 mages?" The answer was YES.

This doesn't make sense. The two mages I understand - FAST action purple mage then the red mage as a MAIN action. Why does he get place the gray mage as main action again(casting a spell)?

And then Trey Chambers in his overview:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/37536/argent-consortium/game...

talks about fast actions and appears that ALL players do the fast action first in turn order THEN beginning in turn order again do their main action. I thought players do all their actions together (first then main) in turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The spell's effect is to "wound an opponent AND place a mage". Since a spell was cast, the player was able to place a grey mage plus the mage allowed by the spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
1. Because the main action wasn't placing a red mage; it was playing a spell that allows you to place a mage as part of the spell.

2. Rules were probably changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh...ok. The purple mage was placed on quick spell action, right? If so, then this makes sense.

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
DavidPD wrote:
Ahh...ok. The purple mage was placed on quick spell action, right? If so, then this makes sense.

The purple mage was placed as a fast action; this fast action wasn't a spell, it's just Purple side A's power (placeable as a fast action).

The grey mage was placed because the main action was a spell and Grey side A's power is to be placeable when you play a spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.