8 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant for mobility for one or two investigators. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximum tickets you can have are equal to number of influence.

Tried this last night using 1 investigator Charlie Kane, worked beautifully. Doesn't do much difference with characters with 1 or 2 influence, but I think it fits nicely with the theme.

What do you guys think? Do you think there's a downside for this variant mechanically?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why do you think it fits nicely with the theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Influence represents wealth.

Wealth enables you to afford travel expenses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Germany
Münsing
Bayern
flag msg tools
Hauptschüler.Ohne.Nennenswerte.Kenntnis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or buy a ticket for one influence during acquire Asset Action? So one option more to spend influence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
Or buy a ticket for one influence during acquire Asset Action? So one option more to spend influence

So, getting a ticket can be done on prepare for travel action and acquire assets action? Elaborate please, getting more ways to play is really something I like to try on my next solo single investigator game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Germany
Münsing
Bayern
flag msg tools
Hauptschüler.Ohne.Nennenswerte.Kenntnis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my intention. Sometimes you buy stuff and can't or don't want to use a left-over success, so that would be another option to spend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the sound of that, buying tickets with influence success and upping the limit on tickets would help characters to move around the globe faster which is essential in a 1 or 2 character game.

I keep thinking that the clue spawn rate should be increased for low character count games. With a 4 character game there is always things to do near by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't the revised reference card already mentioned to spawn 2 clues on a single investigator game?

And about the buy ticket on acquire asset action, maybe we should think about which are more important, getting a ticket for free on prepare to travel action (spending an action), or using acquire asset action to get ticket.

Both spent action, true that EH have no money mechanic, but this rule would allow an investigator to gain so much tickets.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.