GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Strife: Shadows and Steam» Forums » Rules

Subject: what is "remnants"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheers!
In the rule-set there is stated "For Remnants, Artifacts or Events to be used, both players must be in agreement....", then, one event says "all non-remnant locations.." but I fail to find a definition of such a keyword in rule-sheets (both LotE and S&S).

Any clues please?
many thanks!)

(btw, very cool game, step forward from the LotE imho)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,
Remnants are special locations from Strife LotE that grant 1VP and a special bonus for the next turn.
If you don't have LotE don't mind it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eh?

Were these in a later edition (I have the multi-language version with a smaller blue box), or promos?

All of the locations in my set only give power bonuses to specific characters when they battle there. Nothing else. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm. They are alternate location cards. I have the tin-box Kickstarter edition, and these were included with the game (not listed as promos). In the rule sheet, just after the section on Winning the Game, they mention "Additional Gameplay: Remnants"

Here are the cards, from the BGG image list of the other game:

Looking at the rules for the Blue/black box copy, it looks like the Remnants are not part of that edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thanks for the super speedy reply. You must have been sitting there waiting for me just to post :-)

Shame that my version is inferior, but good to know.
thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm grading student papers today, so I take breaks and browse BGG. If I don't, I find myself getting more cranky with each paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.