Subject: Questions about Enemy Token Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maokai
msg tools
Hello :-)

I'm not quite sure I understand the following rule:

Quote:
"Certain scenarios require that enemy tokens should be sorted by faction. Whenever the
scenario requires, separate the relevant enemy tokens into separate piles. You may want
to place a mana token next to a pile to show what faction it belongs to as the faction
enemy tokens have the same backs as the others. Use regular enemy tokens in these
scenarios unless otherwise instructed.
An enemy token with the Summon ability summons tokens from the same faction
as itself."

"Use Regular enemy tokens in these scenarios unless otherwise instructed" is what confuses me.

If I got it correctly, on the "Life and Dead" scenario the following setup should be used:

1. Two green Rampaging stacks - One for each faction. Those should only include Shade of Tezla Rampaging tokens.
2.One Keep tokens from base/lost legion.
3. One Mage Tower stack of token from base/lost legion.
4. Two dungeon stacks - One for each faction. Those should only include Shade of Tezla Rampaging tokens.
5. One City stack of token from base/lost legion.
6. Two brown Rampaging stacks - One for each faction. Those should only include Shade of Tezla Rampaging tokens.
7. One Ruins stack of token from base/lost legion.

In the "Realms of the Dead" the same apply, but I only use Dark Crusaders Tokens (again instead of the core/lost legion tokens).

In the "Hidden Valley", I only use Elementalists tokens (again instead of the core/lost legion tokens).

In "The lost Relic" no Shade of Tezla token are being used and all enemy tokens are from Base/Lost Legion.

Did I got it right? is there any reason ever to mix Shades of Tezla tokens with Base/Lost legions tokens? or those are not supposed to work together (at least officially).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maokai wrote:
"Use Regular enemy tokens in these scenarios unless otherwise instructed" is what confuses me.

The SoT tokens are not used in dungeons, monster dens, tombs, by dragon summoners, etc. They are overland, and represent invading factions. Only use the SoT tokens where instructed, such as in place of rampaging enemies and in glades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I've remember it wrong, you CAN, if you want to, use the new enemy tokens when playing a non-SOT scenario. Just mix em in.
Also, Lost Relic, the same. You can just use whatever enemy tokens you want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
Oh, I see now. So technically, at any of the scenarios SoT solutions (except The Lost Relic), I should have on the table all the Core/Lost Legion token + the SoT enemy token sorted by faction.

SoT tokens should be used when revealing ramping enemies. The dungeons SoT token should be used when ramping enemies summon a dungeon monster, and when I discover a graveyard/hidden valley according to the scenario rules.

Am I'm correct?

On normal scenarios, when mixing SoT factions with normal pile, I guess you still picking token prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all of what you said apart from the last line which I dont understand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maokai wrote:
On normal scenarios, when mixing SoT factions with normal pile, I guess you still picking token prices?

I hope so as it is how I've been playing.

Paul, what Maokai asks is whether you get to draw a faction reward token for killing a faction enemy during a standard game (let's say solo conquest) if you're mixing all enemies together during setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kin Hassar wrote:
Maokai wrote:

I hope so as it is how I've been playing.

Paul, what Maokai asks is whether you get to draw a faction reward token for killing a faction enemy during a standard game (let's say solo conquest) if you're mixing all enemies together during setup.

Unless you are choosing to play with the "No fancy item things and just get +1 fame instead" optional rule, then yes. The faction tokens are tied to the enemy tokens, irrespective of which scenario they are used in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
That's make sense now. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.