Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Sturm Nach Osten» Forums » General

Subject: Self-published Version as PnP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi everyone,

is the self-published version still available somewhere as a PnP?

Thanks for your advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Check out his "homepage" 'homs': loublankcoatney <-'click link'~cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for your link.

Many free PNP games on the Eastern front, but nothing related to "Sturm nach Osten", if I see this correctly... goo

However, I found an article / review of the game in "THE WARGAMER #19" with a strategy guide:

https://grognard.com/ArticlePageList.aspx?GameID=wa19#pageTo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The self published version was made way back in 1980 when Lou was living in Juneau Alaska and the Wargamer picked it up in '82 where it gained it's fame. SNO was never available as a PnP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SquadGamer wrote:
Hi everyone,

is the self-published version still available somewhere as a PnP?

Thanks for your advice.

Say, how many wargames are you trying to pnp?

I might have an extra copy of the very nice Japanese magazine edition of this game (with the english rules included of course), let me check that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
@licinius I actually saw that this is one of your favourite games in your rating. Not sure about this, but I imagined that this was one of your sources of inspiration for "No retreat!", which caught my interest...

I am still pretty new to "serious, historic" wargaming. Actually coming from the tabletop, science-fiction side (BattleTech) and currently explore the great titles in historic wargaming out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Battletech very very well. I used to run a full BTech Campaign a long time ago. Love that game. meeple

And yes, this title is one of the three games I used for inspiration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
~"JUST & ONLY the 'one' of 'three', dear?"
whistle -INSIDE every 'Grognard' were several 'Designer/Variant/Article-Writer'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
licinius wrote:
I know Battletech very very well. I used to run a full BTech Campaign a long time ago. Love that game. meeple

BattleTech a is fantastic game, which I can always play. I am currently working on some modular, laser-cut hex terrain made of 3mm MDF. Will post some images when that is fully painted... (probably not in the SNO channel... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.