Munchkin Marvel» Forums » General

Subject: Is there ANY way to play Solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Munchkin is typically a "Take That" game, but... Marvel seems to be very much less of that.

Is there any way to play solo?

I supposed one could play a second character who can help you, BUT if he/she has take that cards, they MUST be played...?

So not exactly "chess" aapproach.

Anyone ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of a way, but if you have an idea that you think might work, try it out. If it's fun post it, and maybe other people will try it and help develop the idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the game yet... was fencing based on if there was any way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Since at its most naked Munchkin is a race to 10 points, you will need to invent something, probably some form of time pressure. Here's a sketch of what you could do:

Standard rules except:

No help, obviously. That means Elves are now underpowered. Thieves are underpowered, too. Obviously I'm thinking of standard Munchkin, I don't remember all the elements of Marvel off the top of my head.

Curses you draw face down will have no use, discard them and draw a replacement. Ditto any card who's only use involves other players.

Give yourself twenty turns to get to level 10 or you lose. I'm not sure if that's too hard or too easy. Maybe just count the turns until you get to level 10, then try to better your time.

If you want to do a little more prep you could take out all the now-useless cards along with some curses, one shots, and monster enhancers. Each time you fight a monster flip one over. If it's a useless card nothing happens. If it's a one shot or monster enhancer consider it played against you by the universe.

That might get you started. As you play you'll discover snags of various types, just make up a resolution, write it down, stick with it until you replace it with something better.

Could work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.