Is the following a correct interpretation of the tile laying when playing solo with Alone in the Dark?
During your turn:
• Whenever you reveal a tile (Lit), place it with one opening facing the way you entered. Add Dark tiles against any remaining open sides without a tile next to them unless there are none left (in which case do nothing)
• If you placed the last tile after revealing a tile, the Cave Collapse will begin at the end of your next turn (skip the end-of-turn tile placement/removal this turn).
At the end of your turn:
1. Determine how many tiles you will be placing/removing - the greater of:
a) The number of Lit (revealed) Crystal tiles (including collapsed ones)
b) The number of Hero cubes the Knight has available to play at the start of the next turn (if Knight is in use)
c) The population of the largest tribe of Goblins (if Goblin is in use)
d) The Dragon's Spirit statistic (if Dragon is in use)
e) The Thief's Movement statistic (if Thief is in use)
2. If placing (Dark) tiles, you can place them anywhere so long as they touch at least one other tile. If you do not have enough tiles to place, place as many as you can and the Cave Collapse will begin on your next turn.
3. If removing tiles (Cave Collapse):
a) If multiple tiles satisfy a condition, you can choose which one to remove first. After removing each tile, start from the top of the list again (e.g. removing a tile that was only next to two tiles may now mean there is a tile only next to one tile). Order of tile removal:
i) Remove Lit Crystal tiles that only touch one other tile first
ii) Remove Dark tiles that only touch one other tile first
iii) Remove Lit tiles that only touch one other tile first
iv) Remove Lit Crystal tiles that only touch two other tiles first
v) Remove Dark tiles that only touch two other tiles first
vi) Remove Lit tiles that only touch two other tiles first
b) If you remove a Dark tile, reveal it and set aside any Crystal tiles. If you end up removing 5 Crystal tiles in total, you lose.
c) You may never remove the Entrance tile
d) If you must remove a tile that has your character on it, you must move it to an adjacent Lit tile before removing the tile. If it is not possible to do so, select the next possible tile to remove according to the order above.
I do believe that is correct.