Subject: Why Am I Awake II? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sanctimonia Vincet Semper
badge
What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?
mbmbmbmbmb
A very big thank you to Ling for offering this set to run to sate my desire to mod more and offer a very different lynch time, and also for providing the rules post.

So, this game will serve three purposes:

1. A 12 player game with different roles.
2. Variable dusk / dawn times.
3. Let's see if we can fill a game that runs before dawn in BGG time.

To that end:

WHY AM I AWAKE II?

An twelve-player, low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Good Roles:

Detective – Each night, the Detective will be given a non-repeating random alignment view of a Team Good player.

Prophet – May confirm with moderator in thread, and then ask a single yes/no question that the moderator will answer CORRECTLY.

Magician - In the initial dawn post, a list of possible game orders will be revealed. Each dawn, the Magician is given one of those actions as a possible game order for the next 24 hours. Possible actions include View, Protect, Brutal, etc.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last night kill order will go through - even if the last person to place a night kill order has died since the order was given. (Example: Player A and B are werewolves. Player A selects a Night Kill target during the day, but is lynched. If Player B is still alive and has not put in a more recent Night Kill order, Player A's Night Kill order will be carried out.)
Each wolf has one attribute:
Jester Werewolf - Jester Werewolf will reveal as any other currently alive player (chosen at random by Cassy), regardless of why the Jester Werewolf dies.
Ancient Werewolf - Ancient Werewolf has a Parity value of 2 (if the game gets to a final three and the Ancient Werewolf is one of them, Team Evil wins).

Aura Seer - Each night, he may view a player. Evil Aura Seer gets their choice of: View for Evil, or View for Good Special. Evil Aura Seer will be informed to one random Werewolf. If the Evil Aura Seer is not present / does not give an order, they will receive a random negative view for "View for Good Special".

False Prophet - May false-confirm with moderator in thread, and then ask a single yes/no question that the moderator will answer INCORRECTLY.

Prophet / False Prophet Rules:
The Prophet and the False Prophet will both reveal as Prophet on death.
The questions that these two roles can ask must follow the following rules:
1. The questions cannot directly relate to either prophet. (Is Player X on my team?)
2. The questions cannot be made in such a way as to give the same answer regardless of who's asking. (Would the other prophet tell us that ..?)

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if both werewolves are eliminated.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Brutal Rules:

If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random from the player's own team so please keep your brutals updated. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is a random time between 5:00 and 5:30 AM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Magician, and Aura Seer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be a random time between 6:00 and 6:30 AM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn. This will only be considered if there is an early dusk due to nightfalling.

Role Reveal:

All roles will be revealed on death (regardless of method)(Full Role Reveal). Note that the Jester Werewolf will not reveal as a Werewolf.

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are also required to show a proof of life prior to "12 hours before first dusk".
Please note that these are "bare minimums". The moderator has the right to hit the replace button in spite of your meeting the "one post per day" guideline if you are unresponsive to geekmails / modchat queries. This will not be done capriciously and will only be done after consultation with outside parties, to ensure objectivity.

Please don't post after the Dusk/Dawn deadline, even if the mod has not told you to stop posting. Warnings will be given for first offences, but repeated offences might have consequences.

Making out-of-game promises to other players in order to influence their actions in a game is against the rules, so is quoting something told to you by the moderator directly from your hidden modchat, unless the rules of a game specifically say otherwise or the moderator has given you explicit permission. Paraphrasing such things is usually allowed.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting. Regardless, I'm tired of the hostility and the occasional attitude.
Police yourselves, please.

META RULES:

1. Editing posts is discouraged, but in most cases, it will not elicit anything other than a "tsk, tsk" from another player. However, if you [vote nightfall] and then edit your post to cancel that vote, you will be modkilled. There are no second chances.
2. Deleting posts is considered very poor form. Unless you are deleting one of two identical posts, just let it go.
3. If you post game-changing information after the dusk/dawn time - for example, seer views, fake seer views, sorcerer views - you and a random member of your team will be modkilled. This is not negotiable.
A. This does not require the moderator to say "No posting." If dusk is at 4:00 and you post something that reflects 4:01, you are late.
B. If the moderator posts "No posting" at 4:00:15 and you post at 4:00:20, you have still posted after the no posting rule.
Accidentally continuing a conversation / posting a silly comment after the moderator has posted 'No posting' will not warrant any punishment (unless it is game-changing or repetitive).
It is YOUR responsibility to monitor for dusk/dawn.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 5:00 - 5:30 AM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 6:00 - 6:30 AM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This game will start when full.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!"

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

Here is a (not all-inclusive) list of Roles that are commonly used here on the Geek: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Role_List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
chardir
davidenkinderen
DeMorcerf
dissemble
doppio
GaiusJC
gelrod
kara_thrace
PaperF
Vanderscamp
WolfParade
xandryyte

12 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1643...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I am not Groot.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm cool with the lynch. How do people deal with the night phase, though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Conditional orders are always your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I am not Groot.
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:

Well, I figured that. Maybe I'm just too picky?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
TFang wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

Well, I figured that. Maybe I'm just too picky?

Shrug. You could always make an effort to be around before dawn, like most of the players last game.

That's part of the specific challenge of the timeframe; to give Americans visibility on the challenges some of the other players face every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
You guys have the wrong time listed in Cassy, FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I am not Groot.
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Shrug. You could always make an effort to be around before dawn, like most of the players last game.

That makes sense then, Rorab's aim in chat sounded a little different than that to me. I'm up at this time and around twice a week, but otherwise I'd treat it as an "inaccessible lynch" game.

I didn't realize until asking these questions missing lynch doesn't bother me much at all, but not being sure I'd have an in-timezone wolf buddy does. Weird bit of psychology there!

I really am a wolf. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote TFang]
[Vote nightfall]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It this starts the week of the third I'll have to drop because of starting my new job. But hoping it runs sooner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amekins wrote:
It this starts the week of the third I'll have to drop because of starting my new job. But hoping it runs sooner
yay for new job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nebula
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
These prophet guys remind me a riddle.
A question in logic - can the prophet ask something like: what would the mod say if the other prophet asked if rorab is on team good?
(I'm guessing the answer is no )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Rorab grabbed my OP, but at some point in the game, I clarified ...

1. The questions cannot directly relate to either prophet. (Is Player X on my team?)
2. The questions cannot be made in such a way as to give the same answer regardless of who's asking. (Would the other prophet tell us that ..?)

I would expect Rorab to include the same qualifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amekins wrote:

Congrats on the new job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

That makes sense then, Rorab's aim in chat sounded a little different than that to me. I'm up at this time and around twice a week, but otherwise I'd treat it as an "inaccessible lynch" game.

I didn't realize until asking these questions missing lynch doesn't bother me much at all, but not being sure I'd have an in-timezone wolf buddy does. Weird bit of psychology there!

I really am a wolf. =)

Heh, I wanted this up for a few reasons. A possibly better lynch time for Australians and Brits, I like the roleset, and for people to maybe try out a lynch time where they aren't available. In terms of Night actions, all I can assert is what Ling has, in that conditionals would probably help heh. But it's just one of those things to figure out how to handle I guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Rorab grabbed my OP, but at some point in the game, I clarified ...

I would expect Rorab to include the same qualifiers.

Thanks Lingy, I've updated the OP accordingly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I am not Groot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Its cool, Rorab. I have learned about myself that I'm cool with a difficult to access lynch or floating dusk time, but not that kind of night unless it is the reverse of our usual game: I'm a rare american in a FLOOD of Euro timezone folks, one of which would be a wolf partner almost surely.

For me, this is like a night game with not enough night players to make up for my schedule. That's not on you. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
The_Rorab wrote:
Thanks Lingy, I've updated the OP accordingly
Sorry if this felt as though I was double-tapping you. I sent you my GM just before I saw Tomotz's question. Figured I'd post my initial ruling and hopefully, that would get the other players to give you the time to decide how to run with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I am Groot!
badge
I am Groot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump! Cuz, if you're awake you might want to sign up! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I am Groot!
badge
I am Groot!
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I am Groot!
badge
I am Groot!
mbmbmbmbmb
One more and we will start first thing next week with at least a 24 hour D1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.