Hide
4 Posts

Dale of Merchants» Forums » Rules

Subject: ocelot powers, can they be used to build stalls? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lel dude
msg tools
for example the ocelot '1' card has the passive which allows you to roll the die which adds to the total value of the '1' ocelot card.

let's say i roll a '2' on the die, giving me a total of value 3 for this starting ocelot card.

can this ocelot card '1' be used ALONE to build the 3rd stall?

there is also a another ocelot '5' card which has a technique allowing you to add a value between 1-5 to the '5' card as long as the opponent guesses incorrectly. let's say the opponent did guess incorrectly, can this single '5' card be used to build the 8th stall?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leldude wrote:
for example the ocelot '1' card has the passive which allows you to roll the die which adds to the total value of the '1' ocelot card.

let's say i roll a '2' on the die, giving me a total of value 3 for this starting ocelot card.

can this ocelot card '1' be used ALONE to build the 3rd stall?

For sure, yes on this one.

leldude wrote:
there is also a another ocelot '5' card which has a technique allowing you to add a value between 1-5 to the '5' card as long as the opponent guesses incorrectly. let's say the opponent did guess incorrectly, can this single '5' card be used to build the 8th stall?

I'm 99% sure it's a yes on this one...but I can't picture the card off the top of my head, so I don't want to give you bad info. But I'd definitely lean toward yes...especially if it's in the same vein as your first example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lel dude
msg tools
thanks for helping, i went back and checked, i was wrong!!

ocelot 1 (bold haggler): you may roll the die once in your turn and add the rolled value to this card's value for this turn.

ocelot 5 (blind fold): choose a card from your hand. if a player you choose guesses the card's value, discard it. otherwise you decide its value (1-5) for this turn.

so for ocelot 5, i can upgrade a 1 card to a 5 card and use it for my 5th stall if im understanding this correctly provided the opponent guesses incorrectly.

i was unsure whether the term 'this turn' meant the effect lasted for only one turn, meaning the ocelot cards would not maintain their value in the merchant stall for subsequent turns until the game's end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You understood correctly. The stacks value is relevant only when you are building it. Once a stack is finished, its cards values don't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.