Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. Today i decided i would post these heroes i made for Legendary that are inspired by characters of my role-playing group from long ago when we played the Marvel Super-Heroes RPG (FASERIP system from TSR) and a made up hero for my wife. The images used are mostly from heroes from DC and Marvel i modified with Photoshop. So let's bring out The Guardians...

First the team's leader, the aptly named Guardian. He's actually a member of a governement special program that recruits mutants and trains them for their own needs... His mutant ability is to generate a powerful electrical field wich he uses to power his battle armor.

Next is the team's heavy hitter, Darkstar. A young lab assistant who's life was changed forever after an accident caused her body to absorb artificially created dark matter. She can now Increase her density at will, making her extremely heavy and strnger the heavier she gets.

Now we have Molecule, a psychatrist, also a mutant, but one who could go on with his life normally if he wanted to. His is the power to control every molecule of his body, giving him elastic and shape-shifting abilities. (I know he looks an awful lot like Morph from the Age of Apocalypse and X-ternals, but he was like that before they came.)

Queen Arelia Gold is the team's financial backer. How she got her power is a mystery that was never revealed. She can transform into a liquid-like living gold and can transform lead into... well you know.

The Guardians also have in their midst a man who is not really a man but the psychic manifestation of a young boy in a coma kept alive by is wealthy familly. In fact he is more of a walking nightmare, Doctor Nightmare. He has control over the Darkforce and can instill fear.

Finally comes Whisper, the team's combatant, ex-model, ex-seductress... well she still is a seductress but put's her … charming personality to good use.

That's it. I tried to make them as close as possible to what they where at the time. So like always, waiting for your comments and suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is pure awesome! I made a hero group based on friends and their preferred super power, so I'm so stoked someone else has done something similar.

1. Guardian is actually really awesome. The only problem I'm seeing is "Airborne Assult". In a normal game, idk how often those cards would show up to make it worth recruiting. Lots of luck here. Maybe give it a base attack? Consider the standard common: a 2# 4 cost that triggers (seen in Iceman, Black Panther, Juggernaut, etc.) Starts with 2# and increases by playing certain cards before it (classes, cost, teams). And usually, you'll have more than just the 5 of itself cards to work with it, and that's just from the same hero. (And if you go with recruit, Captain Marvel shows they use a 3 cost for 2* starting)

2. Dark Star is just...WOW. Love it. And I love all the art on each of them. All the heroes.

3. Molecule is really fun. Although, I believe Domino has a Versatile 2 card for only 3 cost. Just to keep in mind.

4. Queen Gold is really cool. I think her uncommon might be a little over powered. I'd consider Cloak & Dagger's uncommon as a reference.

5. For the good Doctor, his blue common is almost exactly like Mysterio's common, except it lacks Dodge (and it costs 2). So, you could add Phase or Teleport to it if you wanted. His blue common is a little too good. Standard 1# or 1* plus a draw is three cost. 2# draw a card is 5. We haven't seen (I think) any 2* draw, so idk the cost there. I'd go with at least 4 cost. With teleport, maybe 5. Otherwise, he's awesome. Idk if his rare is too powerful. Might consider dropping the 3 attack? It already auto-defeats 1 (or 2).

6. Whisper is really cool. I'm loving a lot of these newish mechanics. Her uncommon at first seemed too good, but it's an uncommon. The common equivalent is 2#+2 for 4. I think it should be fine. Her rare...might need to be an 8 cost?

Take my suggestions with a grain of salt just common themes I've noticed in legendary that I use to base my cards off of and keep them balanced.

You did such a great job!! I wanna play them now haha. And an amazing job with the art. Wish I had that talent!! Way to go!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
that is cool to have your own team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.