Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have an art book that they're looking to sell/trade or interested in selling/trading for? Also what's the opinion of the art book so far to any that do have it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI did have it up for preorder. They seem to be out of them at the moment but there's a chance you can get it when it releases. Keep checking their page to see if the pre order opens again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you need something to keep a small child or yourself awake at night...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MammothBus wrote:
Also what's the opinion of the art book so far to any that do have it?

Cons:
*) it doesn't give bios on the Men of FAITH or the two exclusives with Apocalypse as I recall, just little stat blocks and pictures.
*) some detail on the sin creatures, controllers, Apocalypse beasts, etc. would've been nice.
*) some more fiction on the Hellfire club to explain their backstory would've been good.

Pros:
*) bios on all the other hero characters, and they're surprisingly decent!
*) some actually good fiction, that really gets you into the mood.
*) some bios on the Hellfire club figures, and what they're up to.

Overall:
It's not essential by any measure. For those who want to refer to color schemes and such when painting the figs, they're already available in the relevant boxes and gaming boards. There is some new art in the book, but it's mainly just the already existing sins figures standing straight against a white background (a painter -might- find it handy, but, again, it's just re-presenting already existing info). Otherwise, there's no new maps, rules, or mechanical options. Which is good, given this is an "art book".

What surprised me though is that this is actually a -fun- book. Unlike the Xenoshyft art book, the fiction was engaging and expanded the characters and world a bit (perhaps too little), and it was nice to have all the art (old and new) together. I can see myself rereading this book for fun, which I'd say is a good litmus test for whether or not it was worth buying.

It's totally irrelevant to play, and of almost no extra use to a painter, but if you like the setting of the game and have $20 to blow, it's well worth picking up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was quite impressed, a big step up from the Blood Rage book. And with the facebook previews the Rising Sun book should be spectacular!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.