$60.00
$20.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Firefly: Shiny Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Villain? Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Taylor
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just had a question about what to do with each villain, with a couple hypotheticals in there.

Badger - As soon as he is defeated, his cargo dice go to K.O. Pile? Or do we steal them back and can use them in the next round if we keep flying?

Saffron - My main question: When saffron is defeated, do we get to "rescue" our crew from the cargo hold (and thus use them to defeat the rest of the villains)?

Niska - He automatically KOs Crew, so potentially you would lose 5 dice if 3 Niskas rolled (auto KOs 3, 2 to take him out). Compared to the other two, this seems exceptionally overpowered, especially considering how little value the cargo is worth (3 Niskas is FAR worse than 3 Badgers because you can't even use cargo to fight).

The rules are a little clunky and confusing, but with a response to my above queries, will definitely go much smoother - maybe we can make an FAQ on BGG to house all the answers and responses in one place.

All that said, I love firefly, and this is a pretty fun, quick, push-your-luck game I will enjoy for a good while.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any number of Niska dice KOs ONE crew.

I see nothing that says that dice in the cargo hold can be used until you decide to "keep flyin'"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Josh,

Thanks for playing, hope you're having fun. Here's some notes below:

Teatabletopper wrote:
Badger - As soon as he is defeated, his cargo dice go to K.O. Pile? Or do we steal them back and can use them in the next round if we keep flying?


The dice Badger "captures" can either be added to the Cargo Hold when he's defeated or placed to the side, but they are available for you if you choose to Keep Flyin'

Teatabletopper wrote:
Saffron - My main question: When saffron is defeated, do we get to "rescue" our crew from the cargo hold (and thus use them to defeat the rest of the villains)?


The dice Saffron sends to the Cargo Hold are there for the remainder of the turn, even after she's defeated. That's an interesting concept though, might be something to use for future expansion of the game. Now, if you use Mal's Inspiration ability, that can move things from the Cargo Hold to Serenity in the current turn you're in. (I see a lot of people forget that Mal can do that, and it's perfect in a pinch)


Teatabletopper wrote:
Niska - He automatically KOs Crew, so potentially you would lose 5 dice if 3 Niskas rolled (auto KOs 3, 2 to take him out). Compared to the other two, this seems exceptionally overpowered, especially considering how little value the cargo is worth (3 Niskas is FAR worse than 3 Badgers because you can't even use cargo to fight).


Niska only KOs 1 die, no matter how many Niskas you rolled. So if you rolled 1 Niska, you lose 1 die to his ability, and if you roll 3 Niska, you still only lose 1 die to his ability.


Teatabletopper wrote:
The rules are a little clunky and confusing, but with a response to my above queries, will definitely go much smoother - maybe we can make an FAQ on BGG to house all the answers and responses in one place.

All that said, I love firefly, and this is a pretty fun, quick, push-your-luck game I will enjoy for a good while.


Sorry the rules may have been an issue for you, but I appreciate you taking the time to ask, play, and hopefully, enjoy. Thanks!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.