Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
What do i need to control a location?
Mission/Encouter cards ask for it, rules don't hold any straight answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a control token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K A
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. On page 18 the "Influence Actions" paragraph says that influence actions are used to control a location and the amount of influence is represented by the number of control tokens. The "Exert Influence" paragraph governs control tokens placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that that Influence actions help you "expand your control in a location", which sounds to me more like controlling certain parts (installations), not that you control the whole location. I believe you guys are right though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K A
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had not thought of it before but I can see where their choice of wording wasn't as definitive as it could be when parsed. Still, this is the only place in the rules where location control is described. Also it says you can control a location even if it has no planets which indicates you are controlling the whole tile not just particular items within it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Agree with KA, but also keep in mind that "Location" is defined on page 22. It says each tile represents an area of space, and is called a location.

Yeah, the rulebook could've done a better job of making this a little clearer, mostly by putting this upfront. (Actually, all of pages 22-29 should've been put up front).

But as this rulebook is likely never to be revised, it's become the beast we've all come to know and "love'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K A
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Agree with KA, but also keep in mind that "Location" is defined on page 22. It says each tile represents an area of space, and is called a location.

Yeah, the rulebook could've done a better job of making this a little clearer, mostly by putting this upfront. (Actually, all of pages 22-29 should've been put up front).

But as this rulebook is likely never to be revised, it's become the beast we've all come to know and "love'!

Nice catch. Forgot the p22 description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.