Subject: Is Four Winds Mah Jong dead? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Four Winds Mah Jong is the best computer implementation of Mah Jong available.

However, their site has not had a new version in over 2 years now. I have tried emailing their support and asking about downloading the update (I am a registered user of an earlier version) but I never receive any response.

Has anyone heard from them recently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GI Joe wrote:
I think that Four Winds Mah Jong is the best computer implementation of Mah Jong available.

However, their site has not had a new version in over 2 years now. I have tried emailing their support and asking about downloading the update (I am a registered user of an earlier version) but I never receive any response.

Has anyone heard from them recently?

Been a bit of time, but I'll drop a note to the dev with a link to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george wecovny
msg tools
I take it you never heard back from the developer and that the product is indeed dead... shame - though it still works on my Win 7 machine - I wonder for how long.. agree that it is the best implementation of real Mahjong out there... surprised no one else has made as compelling a product.

Wish they would release the source code!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly not dead. The latest patch came out on 21 Jan 2017.

Why would the developer want to release the source code?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.