7 Posts

Catan» Forums » General

Subject: Catan replacing Knight Figures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filipe Fernando
msg tools
Hello guys!

I just bought my Settlers of Catan 5th Edition plus 5+6 players pack.
I'm playing the game for a while with a very nice group and now I decided to have my own board.

I ordered Cities and Knights wood edition plus 5+6 players pack. The think that I dont really apreciate and its really boring for me are the wood knights. They look like a wood coin, honestly I prefer the plastic ones.

Is it there any replacement knight figures purchasable that you guys know about?

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could get Domaine (a great game from the same designer) and use the knights that come with it. The player colors are the same as in Catan and the miniatures are suitably small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Fernando
msg tools
Hey Gláucio thanks for the tip, but I dont have plans to play that at least for now.

Wilbertk! This is a really nice tip, the knights are great!
In generall all the figures on the pack looks much better then the orignal ones.

I will definitely go for it!

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Fernando
msg tools
Just another detail regarding Cities and Knights expansion.
Do you think just having two types of each knight is enough to play the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's part of the rules of the game and in the intention of Klaus Teuber that there are only two knights of each strength. Thereby there are intented situation where some progress cards have not the full effect.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check whether Viking edition is compatible with the normal wooden base game. I don't know if it is. You may have to also buy the Viking edition wooden figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.