Subject: Mi-Go Eye relic: Insanity roll? When? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says to put it net to the Player discard pile, and it activates the next time someone wants to close the gate. Do you roll the insanity die as soon as you get this card? Or during the gate closing? Or not at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states: "After playing a Relic card and resolving its effect, remove it from the game and the player who played it from their hand does a sanity roll."

I would take that to mean you roll the sanity die right after you use the card and place it near the discard pile, not after you have seal a gate. My reasoning is that the part that happens after sealing a gate happens automatically without player interaction, so the card effect has been resolved and thus you roll the sanity die right after placing it near the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zappshmeow94 wrote:
The rulebook states: "After playing a Relic card and resolving its effect, remove it from the game and the player who played it from their hand does a sanity roll."

I would take that to mean you roll the sanity die right after you use the card and place it near the discard pile, not after you have seal a gate. My reasoning is that the part that happens after sealing a gate happens automatically without player interaction, so the card effect has been resolved and thus you roll the sanity die right after placing it near the discard pile.

Sounds good, since "resolving its effect" in this case is to place the card and have it wait to activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
agree..with Sal

thats also the way we play it, the player that have the card and activates it, have to roll the die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What are the effects of mi-go eye over the detective? Could he close a gate with only 3 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulsecond wrote:
What are the effects of mi-go eye over the detective? Could he close a gate with only 3 cards?

Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zappshmeow94 wrote:
My reasoning is that the part that happens after sealing a gate happens automatically without player interaction

It's not really without player interaction though, is it? Gates are only ever sealed via a player action. So you could argue that the player who seals the next gate and in doing so triggers the Eye's card-reducing power is the one who has to roll the sanity die.

Chuck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
zappshmeow94 wrote:
My reasoning is that the part that happens after sealing a gate happens automatically without player interaction

It's not really without player interaction though, is it? Gates are only ever sealed via a player action. So you could argue that the player who seals the next gate and in doing so triggers the Eye's card-reducing power is the one who has to roll the sanity die.

Chuck?

Part of me thinks the sanity die would be rolled when the card is played initially by that player.

But the rule book says "After playing a Relic card and resolving its effect" so it would seem to be the person who sealed the gate rolls the sanity die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.