Popular Tags: [View All]
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game so much (too much? Nah.) that I think it would benefit from an expansion.

Some ideas I have are for one or a combination of the following:

-More tile variety.
-Bigger boards.
-Rectangular boards.
-Different build bonus, like 6x8.

Do eet Uwe, paleeze!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Cottage Garden!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really see how a game like this could have an expansion.

There's a lot of balance in the design of this game.
The amount of pieces, the spaces on the track, the differences in button/hourglass values, etc. It's all connected to produce a game that's just right in terms of length, tension, difficulty...

You can't just add/change some stuff, if you did you'd have to modify everything to keep that balance. Basically you'd be designing a whole new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
I don't really see how a game like this could have an expansion.

There's a lot of balance in the design of this game.
The amount of pieces, the spaces on the track, the differences in button/hourglass values, etc. It's all connected to produce a game that's just right in terms of length, tension, difficulty...

You can't just add/change some stuff, if you did you'd have to modify everything to keep that balance. Basically you'd be designing a whole new game.

Yes of course, the balance in Patchwork is amazing. But if Uwe could do it once, could he not do it again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffeeRunner wrote:

Yes of course, the balance in Patchwork is amazing. But if Uwe could do it once, could he not do it again?

Oh sure he could, he's Uwe!

Maybe he will make a whole new game within the 'Patchwork family'. I just don't think there can (or will) be an expansion for the existing one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as hoping for a patchwork family, again I would seriously urge a look at Cottage Garden!

It appears that Uwe might have moved away from working with Lookout since the Mayfair buy out and so a Patchwork expansion might not be top priority but Cottage Garden might scratch the itch!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patrocles wrote:
As far as hoping for a patchwork family, again I would seriously urge a look at Cottage Garden!

It appears that Uwe might have moved away from working with Lookout since the Mayfair buy out and so a Patchwork expansion might not be top priority but Cottage Garden might scratch the itch!!!

Francesco, you're right, Cottage Garden looks pretty cool, I hope DigiDiced makes an app for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.