Subject: How best to reduce game length with 3 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Marsan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I play the "Masters" version of this game (with the rats and pedigree animals).

I know there are plenty of suggestions as to how to generally reduce this game's length, but even with the 2 cards per auction rule I still find the game a bit too long.

I was thinking of, in addition to the above variant, simply removing 1 or 2 sets of animals from the game? I would prefer something along those neutral lines over the idea of starting off with animals in front of us, for fear of any imbalance that might result.

But is there some major reason not to do this? If not, what would be the ideal number of sets to remove to keep things in balance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Games
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2016 edition of the game has two new (to me) variants. First, when you do a "horse trade" you must also call an auction. And the second removes two of each animal card, along with some money, and you collect pairs instead of sets of four. That will really cut the game time down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.