Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dúnedain Watcher + Sneak Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi fellows, rules question here:

An enemy engaged with me receives a shadow card; I pass on actions until the "resolve shadow card" step is resolved. It gives +3 to the attacker. Can I play now (in the next action window) a Sneak Attack in order to put in play a Dúnedain Watcher, discard her and cancel the shadow effect? I'd assume I can't, since the ability on the Watcher reads "response", and I've let slip an action window before the shadow triggering and her response, but I would like to hear what do you think.
Thanks in advance for the answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's a response, it's too late to cancel the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to follow up, the Response effect from Dunedain Watcher is fine, but playing Sneak Attack is an action, so the only way you could do this is if you would have played Sneak Attack on Dunedain Watcher before flipping over the shadow card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
to follow up, the Response effect from Dunedain Watcher is fine, but playing Sneak Attack is an action, so the only way you could do this is if you would have played Sneak Attack on Dunedain Watcher before flipping over the shadow card

You are allowed to use actions between flipping the shadow card over and resolving the attack. See Derndingle Warrior's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
dr00 wrote:

You are allowed to use actions between flipping the shadow card over and resolving the attack. See Derndingle Warrior's ability.

Correct, but Dunedain Watcher's response needs to be used when the shadow card is turned over, and that's *before* Sneak Attack can be played. It'd be perfectly legal to Sneak Attack Gandalf after the shadow card is flipped, but before the attack resolves, and use his "enters play" ability to kill the enemy before the attack goes through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dalestephenson wrote:
Donkler wrote:
dr00 wrote:

Correct, but Dunedain Watcher's response needs to be used when the shadow card is turned over, and that's *before* Sneak Attack can be played. It'd be perfectly legal to Sneak Attack Gandalf after the shadow card is flipped, but before the attack resolves, and use his "enters play" ability to kill the enemy before the attack goes through.

That is true! I wasn't originally sure what dr00 was clarifying, but rereading it now I see what he was saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.