3 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Italy and France fall during same turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juerg haeberli
msg tools
Just to make sure.
In the rare case where Rome is conquered by France during 4-40 and Paris falls to Germany at the same time the following is going to happen.

End of supply phase 4-40 France turns Vichy and Rome stays under Allied control.
Beginning of diplo phase 4-40 Italy surrenders and all Italian units disappear. Italien spaces become Allied/Soviet controlled.

Would this be correct ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Thomann
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
As the founder of the Carpathian Republic,arrrh this is what I think;

The surrender for France and Italy is at the end of the Supply Phase so removal of French and Italian units would be simultaneous.

Rome is a western allied controlled area, Italy surrenders all Italian areas without a non-Italian Axis unit become western allied areas. The French surrender only effects control of areas in France that will become Axis unless a non-french Allied or Soviet unit is in the area. Vichy France areas (Lyon, Marseilles, Montpellier, Corsica, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco) are neutral.
If the Italians had captured Malta, Malta still be would be an Axis controlled area.

There are only Red Stars, Blue Stars and Black Crosses for area control.
Therefor Controlled Areas are either Soviet, Western Allied, Axis or Neutral.(With a somewhat duel status when Vichy France is formed)

I have attacked a British Unit in Vichy France to force a British Deceleration of War on Vichy France but I rolled to good and eliminated the unit. A RAF fighter that was defending Paris retreated to Vichy and attacked next turn by a Luftwaffe Bomber. Some times the good die rolls are bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools

Yes thats what I thought.

Thanks for your fast answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.