$30.00
SirMaoh S.
msg tools
Hey everyone

My Essen 2016 list is growing pretty quickly, yet I haven't found a nice competitive wargame you can play with 2+ people. I'm looking for a game thats similiar to videogames like Advance Wars, M.A.X., or even something like Starcraft or Total Annihilation. I really like Advance Wars (or M.A.X.) for the fact, that every faction essentialy has the same troops, yet every faction has some advantages and disadvantages (like better marine units and worse air units).

The game should have something like that:
- different factions (with different abilities)
- claiming territory / ressources
- base building / placing structures or defense on the map
- maybe a tech tree or upgrades for buildings to be able to produce better units
- every faction should have multiple opening moves (like in Cthulhu Wars)

Kind of similiar wargames I got so far: Cthulhu Wars, Twilight Imperium Eclipse, Risc. I also do know about the print and play game skirmish wars, haven't found a good place to print that stuff yet :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Armitstead
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try Space Empires: 4X. It plays 1 to 4 players, and you have a common tech tree so each player can actually design his own units to his own preference or needs. I think that sort of equates to the subtle Unit differences in Advance Wars (which I also love!).

It's a 4X so each player starts Exploring the large map, then Exploiting discoveries to build an economy, Expand by developing your colonies and space craft, building a battle fleet, and Exterminate the opposition.

As it can be played solo you can enjoy a game when you don't have anyone to play against but don't fancy a DS session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SirMaoh S.
msg tools
That game looks pretty interesting, solo play always is a welcome opportunity too. I will definitely read up on that game and check out a review. Thanks Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.