3 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple questions after first Kingsman fight (*spoilers*) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen F
msg tools
mbmbmb
So yesterday had our first Kingsman fight ever (so lvl 1), and I'm left with a few questions:

(possible spoilers here!)

1) when you draw more hit locations than there are battle pressure cards, can you choose to resolve the normal HLs first, and then resolve a battle pressure card?
We played 'yes' since it's not a trap and not a first strike location. Situation only came up once or twice though.

2) Once a survivor has the King's Step fighting art, and let's say he/she scores one hit: you draw 1 HL, it's battle pressure and you're allowed to discard it and draw the next HL. It's another battle pressure, can I discard this one as well, and so on until all the battle pressure cards are discarded?
We played this as 'yes', since there isn't much point to the king's step event once you've got the FA.

3) in the aftermath, let's say you roll the regal boots, but you're already wearing boots, are your current boots archived? I thought there was something in the rulebook about it, but I couldn't find it anymore.

It was a very tense fight, but I was pleasantly surprised that we defeated it with zero survivor deaths. Did bring two recently born saviors, although the red one with the bow was pretty useless. Green savior with full leather, shield, and monster grease was essential though, and the guy with the str 10 thunder maul getting the FA on the first roll as well I reckon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pruden
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) personally I would play you need to deal with the battle pressure cards first due to theme.

2) yeah. The battle pressure cards are only really needed for those that don't have the fighting art. You draw cards till you get a regular hit location.

3) I believe you archive the gear the boots replaced. I think it states it in the event text. I don't remember though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1- any order, yeah
2- yep
3- yeah, that's how we play, but I can't remember where we came to that conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.