Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can the captain use the delegate position? The rules only talk about when you place a crewmember, which is not a captain. If you can place your captain there, what are the final rules on this?

2. If I place a crewmember on a station, then my captain, can I subsequently place another crewmember on the same saturation later? The rules seemed pretty clear that I can, but I wanted to double check.

3. Resolving mining stations: I asked this question long ago, but the rulebook still seems now to contradict the answer I got then. I was told that you pair one rig die plus one standard die and remove all of your workers to collect a corresponding number of resources. For example, with one rig die (paired correctly), I remove a captain and a crewmember and collect three resources. Is this still correct?

The rulebook specifically states that you pair a rig die and then resolve a crewmember for one unit of a resource or a captain for two units and that a rig die can collect resources only once per player per turn.

Final thought: O.M.G. This game is beautiful. It just is. And that needed to be said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Trash Pandas - launching on Kickstarter soon?
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions!

logris wrote:
1. Can the captain use the delegate position? The rules only talk about when you place a crewmember, which is not a captain. If you can place your captain there, what are the final rules on this?

It's not used often, but it is allowed. In order to use the Delegate spot, you MUST have Crewmembers available to place. If you used the Captain for that, you could place two unused Crewmembers immediately. Keep in mind, in order to use the Delegate ability, the spot you place on must have an opponent's Crewmember. i.e. - you can't use it just to block the Delegate spot.

The Captain "double" ability is always optional so you'd only need to have one other Crewmember to Delegate. If that were the case though, it may be more beneficial to just place your Captain on the spot you want to Delegate to since Captains may be placed on Stations with opposing Crewmembers (though a placed Captain will prevent opposing Crewmembers or Captains from being placed there).

logris wrote:

2. If I place a crewmember on a station, then my captain, can I subsequently place another crewmember on the same saturation later? The rules seemed pretty clear that I can, but I wanted to double check.

Correct. Captains only block out opposing Crewmembers. Also, once you have your "foot in the door," you may always place more workers on a Station. For example, if you have a Crewmember at a Station and another player places there Captain there, you may still place more Crewmembers there since you already have access.

logris wrote:

3. Resolving mining stations: I asked this question long ago, but the rulebook still seems now to contradict the answer I got then. I was told that you pair one rig die plus one standard die and remove all of your workers to collect a corresponding number of resources. For example, with one rig die (paired correctly), I remove a captain and a crewmember and collect three resources. Is this still correct?

The rulebook specifically states that you pair a rig die and then resolve a crewmember for one unit of a resource or a captain for two units and that a rig die can collect resources only once per player per turn.

That is correct. When pairing a personal die with a shared die, you "unlock" that number. Each of your dice may only be paired once on a turn. However, once they unlock a number, *any* of your Crewmembers (or Captain), that are placed on that mining Station may take resources from there.

Hopefully that all makes sense, if you need more clarification just let me know.

logris wrote:

Final thought: O.M.G. This game is beautiful. It just is. And that needed to be said.

Thanks so much, this made my day!

Edit: See FAQ for further clarifications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. One small question remaining:

Can I place a captain on a delegate and place one crew member in each of two different stations, or does their placement have to be the same station?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same, already occupied, station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Trash Pandas - launching on Kickstarter soon?
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
Thank you. One small question remaining:

Can I place a captain on a delegate and place one crew member in each of two different stations, or does their placement have to be the same station?

If placing two Crewmembers, they may be at different Stations. If you were required to place them at the same Station, there is no benefit because you can always place additional Crewmembers there later (once you have at least one there already).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.