Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Chapman
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello!
I've been living in Christchurch for over a year now but have struggled to find myself a regular local group of likeminded fellows to game with. I have played with a few of the established groups (Irregulars, SAGA plus a few other social acquaintances) but have found most of them to be located north of the city.
Now this is generally only a half hour drive for me, but as they are usually held on a week night that usually means leaving the party early or getting home late on a work night (both boring excuses I know!). This is not too much of an issue, but I would rather spend that extra hour gaming, and have still not found a regular group that I have 'gelled' with. Weekends are mostly family time, mostly...

Bio time: Hi, I'm Andy a 38yo male living in Somerfield, I'm a Leo and enjoy mountain biking, AltFolk, Video games, NFL and that video where the German guy tries to jump in to the frozen pool.

Ok, screw all that... I'm just looking for some good peeps to game with! Folks who can handle some smack talk over a beer while not getting all serious and POWERGAMER about bits of cardboard. I love my board games and you can check out my collection to see what I enjoy playing... which is pretty much anything given the right crowd! A game is just a game, but if you can surround that with laughter, chat, intrigue, lying, innuendo, a beer and maybe some good tunes it can become something great!

So if you know of a group that would have me, or would like to make a new one in the area please hit me up.

Cheers,
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are, I believe, accurate about the general locations of Boardgamers in this city.

As for hosting exceptions... One of the Wednesday night hosts is near the Spreydon Domain, a second is in Aidenfield. One of the occasional Friday night hosts is near Hillmorton Hospital.

I don't know where everyone lives (of course), but most of those I have known the residence of, even generally, have been north of Blenheim Road / Moorhouse Ave. I have no idea why that would be unless there's a general demographic spread in the city I'm not aware of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pickering
New Zealand
Rolleston
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to come and play an evening with the super south of ChCh group. 10 mins south of Hornby.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rollestonboardgamers/

Gaming most Wednesdays with some of the group RPGing alternate weeks. Feel free to join FB group and have a look around. I tried to add you but failed miserably due to our non friend connected status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Wednesday night might work as although it moves around most weeks, most of the locations these days are south west or west, with the only exception being Pike in Bishopdale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Chapman
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks of your responses guys, I will look out for nights being hosted on a Wednesday and hopefully catch up with some of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This week the Wednesday night group for example is hosted by
Peter and Adele. I need to find out where they live myself, but somewhere central near Smiths City I believe - pretty handy from Somerfield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Chapman
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great, thanks Craig!
I made it out to the Twisted Hop night tonight an chad a good night, haven't been for a while. I will try and catch up with the Wednesday night group next week as I am busy tomorrow night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Bubbins
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a group of us that play Netrunner twice a week at Game Corner. A boardgame shop on Riccarton Rd.

http://www.anrnz.com/p/events.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Chapman
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey John,
I have finally put in a request to join your group, I completely forgot that you extended this invitation! I have a little more free time on my hands so will try and make the effort to come join you for some games some time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pickering
New Zealand
Rolleston
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andy,
Good to see you found the group. Not sure if you've been along yet as I've been out of touch for a few weeks. Look forward to some gaming with you in the future (with some trash talk).

Don't forget International Tabletop Day event at Burnham this weekend if you can make it. Hopefully we might be able to add a few more local gamers to the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.