Popular Tags: [View All]
Ming Yuan
Australia
Calamvale
QLD
flag msg tools
Hi everyone
Just start to use this account officially
I found the forum to be really helpful and think i should contribute some myself
I have read through the welcome and FAQ and still have some questions
1. is it ok to publish translations? is it in breach of intellectual property?
2. the game entry allow members to introduce games they design by their own?
3. I locate in Australia. Any groups for Australian gamer here?
Thanks for you help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming Yuan
Australia
Calamvale
QLD
flag msg tools
Also if we are trying to write some game review or game play review generally where do we head to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard! Each game has its own forum, so if you want to write a review, ask a question or whatever that is for a specific game, you should post it there. Things like image uploads, reviews, and game sessions will be reviewed by a moderator and either accepted or rejected. As for translations of rules, you should get permission from whoever owns the property before you post anything.

EDIT: Also, check here for Australia: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/95/boardgamegeek/austral...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

1. A translation is a "Derived Work" so unless you get permission for the translation, you're violating copyright. You can however express the rules in your own original words. For example, many games have brief versions of the rules in player aids. You can't use any of the art from a game in a document without permission.

2&3. Take a look at the Forums by clicking on Forums at the top of the page. Several forums are in the Board Game Design section. Further down you'll find the Australia forums Queensland is here. You may also find guilds in your area; look in Misc.[top of the page] / Guilds.

If you want an avatar, post at the end of: No Geek Left Behind... (How to get an Avatar)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming Yuan
Australia
Calamvale
QLD
flag msg tools
O thanks. is it ok if i post same article under individual forum and under personal blog, to create a collection of my articles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming Yuan
Australia
Calamvale
QLD
flag msg tools
thanks it is very clear about the rules. so i understand why most user generated briefs are text only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowymz wrote:
O thanks. is it ok if i post same article under individual forum and under personal blog, to create a collection of my articles?

Crossposting (putting the same post in two or more places on BGG) is strongly discouraged. I suggest you put the article in one place. If you put it in your BGG blog; any tagged games will automatically appear in the games' blog listings. If you put it in the game forums, you can put a short article in your blog with a link.

If you mean post to BGG and a blog not on BGG, that's fine. It's your article: you can post it where you like, but not with images from BGG (generally--see below).

shadowymz wrote:
thanks it is very clear about the rules. so i understand why most user generated briefs are text only.

Any image on BGG can be reused on BGG. If you click on the image and it says it's copyrighted, then you can only use it on BGG. However, some users mark their images "Creative Commons (some rights reserved)" or "No Rights Reserved".

Even as a BGG user, using a BGG image off BGG violates the BGG Terms of Service. However, you can print things like player aids for your own use; that's what they're on BGG for.

Articles without images? The forum system here is pretty complicated, so it takes some time to learn how to use images well. Here's an article/reply I wrote: Re: How to insert images of different size in posts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming Yuan
Australia
Calamvale
QLD
flag msg tools
It is very nice of Walt. I am trying to figure out the tagged game thing
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
Is this how i tag a game.... i am in the edit window and i see a line of code. i am not sure how it looks like when posted. Now i will try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming Yuan
Australia
Calamvale
QLD
flag msg tools
Whoops. there is a link. But i am not sure whether it is a tag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowymz wrote:
It is very nice of Walt. I am trying to figure out the tagged game thing
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
Is this how i tag a game.... i am in the edit window and i see a line of code. i am not sure how it looks like when posted. Now i will try.

Very good! That's a link. A tag in a blog is indexed in the games blogs section. I call it a tag: the actual button is "Add Item". Blogs are a little complex, but are explained in the Wiki.

If you look at the threads in this forum (click on the New User Questions in the grey box near the top of the page) and the BGG Help and How-To forum (which you can also find by clicking on Forums at the top and looking around), you'll see a lot of Pinned tutorials. They can be a great help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.