United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state the following:

1. The active player is immune from taking a Treason card
2. If there is a tie for first place in a faction, the active player chooses who gets the Treason card
3. If the active player is in first place in a faction, no one takes a Treason card

I assume this means that if the active player is tied for first place in a faction with one or more other players, the active player is immune and can choose which of the other tied players takes the Treason card. #3 above only applies if the active player is alone in first place in a faction. #3 does not apply if the active player is tied for first place in a faction. Is this correct? I just want to make sure that the active player's tie for first doesn't exempt one of the other tied players from taking a Treason card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. If the leader who is immune is tied for first, one of the other players who is also tied for first gets a Treason card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Meyer

Minnesota
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joe,

You are correct. #3 only applies if the active player is alone at the top.

If the active player (Joe) is tied for highest faction score with another player (Mary) and Joe plays a Whispers card, Mary must draw a treason card for that faction. Joe is immune.

Cheers,
Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick and Jay: Thanks for the quick response. I just got this game a few days ago and I'm looking forward to diving into it soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.