Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Hodges
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I just picked up a copy of the second edition and love it. The person i got it from was kind enough to include a converted figure with an assault cannon (and painted nicely). I thought i read somewhere that White Dwarf came out with assault cannon rules for the 2E, is this true and if so what are they?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
From WD 200:
"Assault cannon: A Wolf Guard armed with an assault cannon rolls 3 fire dice and the jam dice each time he fires. Hits and sustained fire hits count on all shots, and if more than one kill is scored a second (and even third!) target may be removed as long as it is within two squares of the original target and is in normal Line of Sight and Fire Arc of the firer. If a Jam is rolled, the assault cannon jams after that burst of fire is resolved and will take 2 APs to clear. A Wolf Guard armed with an assault cannon may go onto overwatch by spending 2 APs as normal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Berthold. I had not seen those rules. To be clear for those who are not immersed in 40K lore (and I envy you), "Wolf Guard" are the Terminators of the Space Wolves chapter. I would guess these rules were included with missions for a small Space Wolf campaign. But, they would be universal rules that apply to any Space Marine armed with an Assault Cannon.

Note to Genestealers: Notice there is no mention of ammo supply, or ammo markers. Or, the Assault Cannon exploding when it rolls triples after firing ten times. And, that it can kill more than one Genestealer in one shot. Despite a propensity to Jam, this Patriarch officially declares the Assault Cannon a "Bad Mutha" in Second Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hodges
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Berthold, now to find a third die...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.