$35.00
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When we shuffled in the Hogwarts cards for Year 5, we revealed a Confundus card from Year 6. We aren't the type to look through the cards before playing (we like the surprises), but has anyone else seen this card (or others) come out early?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are the same. I've not combined it yet, but Confundus is in my year five box. The question now: Is this a packaging error or a misprint on the card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I had the same thing. I assumed it was a packing mistake, I just assumed it was and shoved it into the game 6 box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eprasuhn wrote:
Yep, I had the same thing. I assumed it was a packing mistake, I just assumed it was and shoved it into the game 6 box.

Can someone confirm this? Is it supposed to be a game 5 or 6 card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The content list for Box 5 says there should be 10 regular sized cards, which there are. So I think it might be a misprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
When we shuffled in the Hogwarts cards for Year 5, we revealed a Confundus card from Year 6. We aren't the type to look through the cards before playing (we like the surprises), but has anyone else seen this card (or others) come out early?

There was an error in the layout and assembly process at the factory that ended up putting a Game 6 card in the Game 5 box. We are aware of the issue and will be addressing it future print runs. The error will not affect game play, as Confundus took the place of another spell with a similar effect intended for the Game 5 box.

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Havel
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
nethershadow wrote:
MantaScorp wrote:

There was an error in the layout and assembly process at the factory that ended up putting a Game 6 card in the Game 5 box. We are aware of the issue and will be addressing it future print runs. The error will not affect game play, as Confundus took the place of another spell with a similar effect intended for the Game 5 box.

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly

So Confundus should be in Game 6. Just out of curiousity what card should be in Game 5 and will those of us who have the wrong cards be able to get the correct cards in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnhavel wrote:
nethershadow wrote:
MantaScorp wrote:

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly

So Confundus should be in Game 6. Just out of curiousity what card should be in Game 5 and will those of us who have the wrong cards be able to get the correct cards in the future?

+1 to this. I would like the correct cards if a 2nd printing is going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnhavel wrote:
So Confundus should be in Game 6.

I believe what Andrew is saying is that the two Confundus cards in the year five box should still be shuffled in during year five. If you look at the card count in the game 5/6 manual, there are 10 new Hogwarts cards for both years and are 10 cards in the box for each year. If you push the two Confundus cards from year five into year six, your card counts are wrong for both years. It sounds like Confundus was put into the box instead of another spell we've yet to see. Where this might get confusing is that there are also two Confundus cards in the year six box, so in lieu of a correction you will have to remember to put one pair of cards into each year if you ever decide to separate your decks.

I would further add to this that there is a minor change to gameplay in year five that makes the game harder. Confundus does something that directly addresses the rule change and rebalances the game. I wouldn't say that you need to have the two Confundus spells in the year five deck, but from a mechanics perspective it makes more sense to add the two misprinted cards in year five than to do it later. The only potential problem is that the Confudus spell comes with tokens to mark its effect. I can't remember which box the tokens were packed in, so you may have to break into your year six box to get the tokens or use something else as a proxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still would like the two cards that are suppose to be in year 5 if there is a second printing. I would buy them off BGG if USAopoly would do that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.