Hide
3 Posts

Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: US Bot Deploy From RC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Kilcommons
msg tools
Quick question about the US bot deploying from RC countries. Playing as the Jihadist side I managed to recruit 4 more cells into Afghanistan during the first hand of the Arab Spring 1 deck scenario. This brings the total number of cells to 6 with 6 US troops in the country. The US bot drew Intel Community as it's card and the flowchart directed the bot to deploy to the troops track from Regime Change. Afghanistan being a poor ally would be the selected country to deploy from so withdraw is triggered.

My issue is that the bot is supposed to withdraw the max number of troops, 6, which would leave the Jihadist side with the ability to play a major jihad and turn the country into Islamic Rule. Am I reading this mechanic correctly? My only concern is that this doesn't seem like something a player would do or is logical to withdraw under those circumstances

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion. I don't have the game in front of me, but I'll answer your question assuming the Bot is using the card for Ops. The box on the Deploy From OpP that says something like "If Regime Change..." sounds like our culprit. That box is only to be used if performing a Regime Change Op, not for a regular Deploy Op. I can see how that wording is confusing.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kilcommons
msg tools
Thanks for the info! Totally misread that part of the flowchart. Thought when it said "If performing a Regime Change..." meant if there was any RC markers on the board since the RC would still be "in progress/being performed"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.