Subject: "Demo Copy" differences? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just received my copy of the game including the promo card and on the back it says 'Demo Copy' (see picture). Is there any difference between this and the normal retail copy?

Also, what is this "Corporate ERA expansion" that's mentioned on the back of the box? I haven't heard anything about this until now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like that store decided to sell their demo copy as opposed to using to actually demo the game.

All stores got their shipment, plus promos, plus 1 demo copy, to demo.

There are no known differences in the demo copy, should be identical to any non-demo copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast answer, James! Just what I wanted to hear, as this means I can open this bad boy and get to inspecting it closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Zakoholic wrote:

Also, what is this "Corporate ERA expansion" that's mentioned on the back of the box? I haven't heard anything about this until now.

The corporate era expansion is included in every box. Calling them an "expansion" is a stretch, more like a module?

It is an additional set of cards that can be used to add more cards to the game. Most (All?) of these cards add additional engine building to the game, as opposed to focusing on the 3 end game parameters of Oxygen, Temperature and Oceans. It also does increase the length of the game when using them in a multiplayer game.

It should also be noted that whether you use beginner corporations or one of the 12 advanced corporations, you can still choose to use the corporate era expansion cards, or not use them.

They are also used in solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.