Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking:
My opponent had both the "Tackling Coach" and the "Eshin Assassination Coordinator".

Can he exhaust the Tackling Coach to grant a Tackle to his player, and then use the Assassination Coordinator's ability on that Tackle?

My instinct was "yes".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're both staff or team upgrades, right? I believe you're only allowed to play one per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha.. That looks fairly definitive. I missed it because the Assassination Coordinator wasn't a Matchup Action in itself, just modifying another skill.
But after re-reading the sentence carefully, I'll take it as a "no" then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget what Assassination Coordinator is, but if they're not both matchup actions, you can use them both. You're limited to one matchup action, not limited to using one upgrade. "Response" cards don't require your action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. The Assassination Coordinator is a "Response". Now I'm not sure anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can use it.

Eshin Assassination Coordinator reads: "Response: Before 1 of your players attempts a tackle, exhaust this card and choose 1 opposing player. Instead of resolving the tackle, roll 1 dice and apply the result:

: Injure the player
_ or X: Lose 1 fan"

So it's a response to the tackle attempt. It's not a Matchup Phase action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. A "Match Up" action is the use of a card which has the words "Match Up Action" on the cards. You can use any or all of your responses when the appropriate timing window becomes available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.