5 Posts

Eclipse: Shadow of the Rift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Time distortion - Building ships without model? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hellström
Sweden
flag msg tools
If I have my two dreadnought on the board and need to fullfil the "Dreadnought from the future"-distortion tile. As rules inply I need to "take the action and pay the resources". It dosent say I need to have the model to place. Do I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do. I believe it's always assumed that ships are limited si I would say if you can't place, you can't do it.

I suppose you could remove an existing ship and then place. Not sure about that with the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hoeben
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mb
You don't, you only need the ship model when placing it on the board initially. In cases like this, simply interpreting the rules literally keeps things easy: 'Pay for that Dreadnought by taking
a Build action and spending the Materials.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.C. Hamlin
United States
Medina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
FrenkAE wrote:
You don't, you only need the ship model when placing it on the board initially. In cases like this, simply interpreting the rules literally keeps things easy: 'Pay for that Dreadnought by taking
a Build action and spending the Materials.'

This came up at the world championships. Literal reading of the rules do not require you to have the ship model to complete the action. You simply take a build action and spend the materials.

A logical analysis of the action would conclude that this is a build action but split between two different turns. The part of the build action that required the model be placed on the board was already satisfied 2-3 turns ago when you played the distortion tile and placed an available ship model on the board.

-J.C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hellström
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot! We played it right then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.