Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How important are the kickstarter exclusives to this game? Worth tracking down a copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Fulton
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As a one of the designers I can tell you that the promo cards are only to change up the game a bit. Most of the players I've seen using them are not using the alternate wild cards properly and this caused some pretty massive swings.

I prefer the base game without the promos. My second favorite way to play is with the non wild promos. And my third favorite is with the non wild promos and one of the promo wild cards replacing the inside man card or added into the deck with the inside man.

Most people get the promos and just throw all of the cards into the deck at the same time. Which unbalances the game quite hard. So, I would say if you can get them, they will change things up a bit. But please use them as intended to have the best experience.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Imo, 2 player, absolutely need them to keep the game fresher.

3-4, do not need them, but are nice to have.

2 player can become stale easier with only 3 kinds of missions. And while it is more strategic, unlike to mix that up way more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fruchey
United States
Prairieville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was finally able to break Grifters out with my group yesterday, and we LOVED it. Looking at the promo cards (I was a KS backer), it certainly looked like it would throw the game off, and also invalidate deck depletion as an endgame condition. So what's the proper way to use them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
questra wrote:
I was finally able to break Grifters out with my group yesterday, and we LOVED it. Looking at the promo cards (I was a KS backer), it certainly looked like it would throw the game off, and also invalidate deck depletion as an endgame condition. So what's the proper way to use them?

Check out Grifters Kickstarter Promos Rulesheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for resurrecting a relatively old thread. Just played Grifters again tonight and felt like reading up on it.

I'm of the opinion that the KS promo cards are absolutely awful. They're all overpowered (several of them are even strictly-better duplicates of existing cards from the deck). The new ringleader is the worst, giving each player a wild card to start and also adding a bluffing element to the game that is completely unneeded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.