1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Poland

Subject: Where to buy games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
I am going on a holiday in Warsaw in October.
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some shops near Warsaw Old town that have a decent amount of English versions of games. Or internet websites that have English versions of games.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend: i-szop.pl
This site gathers many internet shops so you can find the best price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
Sweet! Thank you so much.

Do you know if it is ok to use "Poste restante"? I have gather that most of the shops in Poland use UPS, so I can maybe send them to a access point and then pick it up there? Have anyone done this before, rather than getting the product at home?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrna wrote:
Do you know if it is ok to use "Poste restante"? I have gather that most of the shops in Poland use UPS, so I can maybe send them to a access point and then pick it up there? Have anyone done this before, rather than getting the product at home?
I have used "Poste restante" a lot in the past, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with UPS. Should be, but you might want to ask UPS directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
haroth9842 wrote:
Terrna wrote:
I have used "Poste restante" a lot in the past, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with UPS. Should be, but you might want to ask UPS directly.

Sweet! I will do that. Which postal service did you use when you used "Post restante"? May I also ask what webshops you have done this with in the past?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i-szop is an aggregator of many PL online shops. You'll find a lot of games in there. Most popular shops are Rebel, Planszostrefa, Planszomania, but there are many others. They have EN games in their offer, just make sure you're looking at the correct version, as shops might sell both PL and EN version, often under the same name.

Instead of poste restante, I would recommend using another service, Inpost Paczkomaty ("package-matic"), somewhat a "standard", when it comes to handling board games in PL. They work pretty similar, but are cheaper, faster (usually within 24h) and require less hassle. Just find one near you (lots of them in major cities) on their website and remember its code and address. Most board game shops support Paczkomaty. Choose this option, select the target Paczkomat (usually from list/map or by code) and just provide your email and mobile number (for notifications). No address needed. Once it's there you will get a notification with code (and even with QR code). You then go to the machine on the street, select (they have EN interface) that you want to collect the package, provide your mobile number and the given code (or you show the QR code to the machine, via your mobile) - and voila! Check paczkomaty.pl for details. And no, that's no advertisement, though it may look like one :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
rattkin wrote:
i-szop is an aggregator of many PL online shops. You'll find a lot of games in there. Most popular shops are Rebel, Planszostrefa, Planszomania, but there are many others. They have EN games in their offer, just make sure you're looking at the correct version, as shops might sell both PL and EN version, often under the same name.

Instead of poste restante, I would recommend using another service, Inpost Paczkomaty ("package-matic"), somewhat a "standard", when it comes to handling board games in PL. They work pretty similar, but are cheaper, faster (usually within 24h) and require less hassle. Just find one near you (lots of them in major cities) on their website and remember its code and address. Most board game shops support Paczkomaty. Choose this option, select the target Paczkomat (usually from list/map or by code) and just provide your email and mobile number (for notifications). No address needed. Once it's there you will get a notification with code (and even with QR code). You then go to the machine on the street, select (they have EN interface) that you want to collect the package, provide your mobile number and the given code (or you show the QR code to the machine, via your mobile) - and voila! Check paczkomaty.pl for details. And no, that's no advertisement, though it may look like one

Sweet!

Thanks so much for the info, I will look more into this method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watch out for the mobile number - I think they work only with 9-digits only, not sure if it would work with foreign numbers. Better check out with them beforehand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
rattkin wrote:
Just watch out for the mobile number - I think they work only with 9-digits only, not sure if it would work with foreign numbers. Better check out with them beforehand.

I have now contacted "In Post Paczkomaty" on Facebook, they told me that only Polish number will work with their service, although if the sender enters my email, I will get notification on the email as well.

So I was wondering, have you always gotten notification on both your phone and your email when using "In post - Paczkomaty"?

I am mainly going to be buying from "Rebel.pl" & "planszostrefa.pl" I think, have you used this delivery service with these two sites before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, numerous times. Pretty much all significant online shops in PL use this service for bigger packages.

You get the notification via email and on mobile (usually in the same moment, though sometimes there are some hiccups and there might be notification gaps). Both email and mobile number are always mandatory when selecting this shipment option. If they won't be able to send a message to your mobile, you still have the email (I think). They still require your mobile number as a security measure (without it, someone could approach the machine and start randomly typing in just the collect codes, chances are he would be able to pick up some packages this way). If you have more than 9 digits, they will probably use last/first 9. Their facebook page, as you've experienced, is quite helpful and quick to respond when you need assistance. Just ask them how it would work if you would provide the shop with a mobile number with more than 9 digits (if you have such number). If you have just 9 digits, you should be fine. You might just wait for the email to come, instead of relying on mobile message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
rattkin wrote:
Yes, numerous times. Pretty much all significant online shops in PL use this service for bigger packages.

You get the notification via email and on mobile (usually in the same moment, though sometimes there are some hiccups and there might be notification gaps). Both email and mobile number are always mandatory when selecting this shipment option. If they won't be able to send a message to your mobile, you still have the email (I think). They still require your mobile number as a security measure (without it, someone could approach the machine and start randomly typing in just the collect codes, chances are he would be able to pick up some packages this way). If you have more than 9 digits, they will probably use last/first 9. Their facebook page, as you've experienced, is quite helpful and quick to respond when you need assistance. Just ask them how it would work if you would provide the shop with a mobile number with more than 9 digits (if you have such number). If you have just 9 digits, you should be fine. You might just wait for the email to come, instead of relying on mobile message.

Thanks, I have asked them what should I do when I only have 8 numbers on my phone. But they havent answered yet. Do you know how long a package can stay in the machine before it gets returned to the sender?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo MV
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
72 hours I believe. but it does not go back to sender then, it goes to a more central Inpost location, which might not be convenient to reach. Ni idea how long they let it sit there before returning to sender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, what he said. Myself, I've never pushed it past 72h, so I wouldn't know exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is another thought for you.
Pick a shop that is located in Warsaw (e.g. Planszomania, Planszostrefa, Planszosfera) and than you have an option of getting a game directly from them (without having to pay for a delivery).
I believe you can filter shops from Warsaw on the i-shop site.
(Almost any shop have better prices than Rebel.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting to a shop directly might be rather unconvenient for a foreigner/occasional visitor. These shops aren't exactly in city centre, etc. But, sure, always an option.

Rebel, indeed, has prices closer to MSRP, but they have one of the biggest offers, especially for EN titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, I haven't though about this. Paczkomaty are awesome, forget "poste restante" and other services.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Pietrzak
Poland
Zgierz
flag msg tools
badge
"Mind if I roll need?"
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Yup, what he said. Myself, I've never pushed it past 72h, so I wouldn't know exactly.

I believe it's one week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
Thank you guys so much!

Yeah, I tried to look for shops located in Warsaw, but as Sebastian stated most of them have dont have that huge collection on English game as Rebel and most of the shop is not located near city center, so it will be too stressful for a foreigner as me.

So when it go back to more central office, can it be sent back to the machine, or has no one managed to experience this yet?

Why would you guys not recommend "Poste restante"? Most of them stay there for 2week, so I thought it would be good to have it ready when I arrive in Warsaw and still have some time left to get the package before it get sent back.

Also, the Rebel prices on English game isnt that bad, few of them that I have been considering is actually cheaper than "planszostrefa". I dont any other Polish websites that have so broad collection of English game than these two sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrna wrote:

So when it go back to more central office, can it be sent back to the machine, or has no one managed to experience this yet?

According to their website, after initial 72h for pickup at the machine, its sent to a storage house, where you can pick it for another 11 days. It's unlikely they would direct it back to the machine at this point. That said, I know that there's a way to extend the initial 72h for the pickup, but it is paid option. When you're close to 72h, they will notify you and ask if you want to extend.

Terrna wrote:

Why would you guys not recommend "Poste restante"? Most of them stay there for 2week, so I thought it would be good to have it ready when I arrive in Warsaw and still have some time left to get the package before it get sent back.

Unless you're there just for one day, you shouldn't worry about it. If you order it one day, you will get your packages the day after. And if you pick a machine close to the place you stay in, 3 days is enough time to walk to it eventually.

Poste restante is such uncommon service, that not many had experience with it. I, for instance, have no idea if it works for bigger packages. Also, I would imagine, that it might be tricky:
a) for you to actually mark your address as poste restante via board game shop website
b) for the board game shop to send it like this
c) for the board game shop to not frown upon such order

Also, which could be a factor, while our postal service has its pros and cons, their staff... is not exactly known for speaking foreign languages. Depending on the outpost, your experience may vary. Not saying you should definitely cross it, but seems to me that Paczkomaty would just turn out to be less hassle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo MV
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, what he said

Just limit yourself to games the seller has in stock, or contact them to confirm they will ship to paczkomat fast enough (or late enough? - I expect selllers should be ok to delay shipment to 48 hours before you arrive...).

In my experience that can be the harder time period to control. Paczkomat itself is very fast 90% of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
Thanks for everything guys, really appreciate it!

Yupp, I will limit myself to what is in stock.

Can someone please help me find where "planszostrefa" is located on google maps? It says "w punkcie odbioru w Błoniu, ul. Łąki 72A" But when I search the adresse "Błoniu, ul. Łąki 72A" I cant find it on google maps. Can someone please help me to locate this on google maps?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrna wrote:
Can someone please help me find where "planszostrefa" is located on google maps? It says "w punkcie odbioru w Błoniu, ul. Łąki 72A" But when I search the adresse "Błoniu, ul. Łąki 72A" I cant find it on google maps. Can someone please help me to locate this on google maps?

"Błoniu" is a locative case. The town is named "Błonie" and is located about 30-40 kilometres from Warsaw.
Błonie, Łąki 72B (for some reason google maps refuse to find 72A)
A default route to the above address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrna wrote:
Thanks for everything guys, really appreciate it!

Yupp, I will limit myself to what is in stock.

Thanks in advance!

It's Polish grammar that hide it. Try "Błonie, ul. Łąki 72A"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan X
Norway
flag msg tools
That is what I have done, Google maps wont show anything in their maps.

Also, can someone please translate this for me? "5% Rabatu na start gwarancja zwrotu 30 dni" what does it mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrna wrote:
Also, can someone please translate this for me? "5% Rabatu na start gwarancja zwrotu 30 dni" what does it mean?
"5% discount on the beginning return guarantee 30 days."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.