Popular Tags: [View All]
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I received a copy of FC : Napoleon, one I got on sale because of some minor bruising on the box. And when I opened the box, there were two surprises.

The first, all the counters are printed "upside down" wow The reduced side is showing up... It's no big deal actually, but I'm sure I'll have some moments where counters are not going to come right on the maps laugh

Second surprise : it's a Kickstarter edition of the game, the Battle map is mounted cool Didn't even think about that possibility, but that's a nifty feature, one that easily dismisses the first surprise.

So now, depending on my mood, and on what kind of battle-narrative I want to dive into, I'll be able to choose between FC : Rommel, Alexander and Napoleon ninja

The box of Napoleon itself is as thick as the two others combined ^^' I still have to figure out a correct way to sort all those counters '(ha, I suddenly remember those neat CD-case inserts posted in the Files section). How many cases am I supposed to hoard to store all my counters ?

All in all, I'm pretty excited to pull this one out on the table.

EDIT : just got an answer from DVG, they will send me a new box cool
I just played the first turn of the first Campaign, and it's a real blast. Pulling the battle plans at each battle turn really deepens the tactical possibilities. It's not at wargame level, I guess, but it sure shines in its own (and glorious) merit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game is actually deeper than it first appears. Read the review "Would Napoleon play this?" Lengthy but breathtaking

Additionally, you only need one counter tray The vast majority of the counters are campaign specific, so I just baggy them by year and pull out the bag of the year I am playing. The counter tray will hold generic counters (Reinforcements/Fortifications/Garrisons, Scouts, Battle Plans, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.