Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the two editions re: rulebook clarity, component quality, cardboard thickness etc?

Considering buying this and Polish version is available.

Thanks

M B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question. The differences I think I see from pictures are:

Fox has smaller shuriken shaped ninja tokens, instead of the larger plain cubes
Fox has a player aid printed on the player screens (though with a rule error about the Passage location)
Fox has cardboard tokens for the shrine ability, whereas the other edition seems to have two tall wooden cylinders.
Fox has stickers for the ronin figures that match the images on the corresponding tiles.

I'm curious which edition has the smaller box.

I have the Fox edition and like the stickers, don't really like the screens, think the ninja tokens are too small, wish I had wooden shrine markers, and wish the box was smaller so the game was super portable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ben. Maybe I should go the badger route as it seems available. Who knows, it might turn out to be the Fox one anyway!

M B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p g
Greece
Agia Paraskevi
flag msg tools
IIRC some of the boards are also larger in Fox

I think the player aids are really needed for the first few games so it's nice to have them on the screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hope they changed icons on board cause they are very unintuitive in polish edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.