Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the exact text handy, but in year three, the Marauder's Map says that, if discarded, all players may draw a card. In year four, one possible result of Heir of Slytherin is that all players must discard a card. Timing starts to become an important issue here because if one player is allowed to discard the Marauder's Map, it could give subsequent players a card draw and then additional options as to what they want to discard. There are three ways this could be resolved:

1) Players choose which order they want to discard the cards in.
2) Players discard cards in turn order, starting with the active player.
3) The attack is "simultaneous." All players much first choose a card to discard and discard them at the same time.

I've been playing option two, but I can see valid arguments for any of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
I don't have the exact text handy, but in year three, the Marauder's Map says that, if discarded, all players may draw a card. In year four, one possible result of Heir of Slytherin is that all players must discard a card. Timing starts to become an important issue here because if one player is allowed to discard the Marauder's Map, it could give subsequent players a card draw and then additional options as to what they want to discard. There are three ways this could be resolved:

3) The attack is "simultaneous." All players much first choose a card to discard and discard them at the same time.

I play #3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will probably have to contact the company or wait until Monday to see if they are on BGG for an official response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
davypi wrote:

#3 is the correct way to resolve this sequence of events. All players discard a card. Then, if a player discarded the Marauder's Map, all players draw a card.

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.