Subject: Missing Year 5 cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bracken Rawlings
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we got to game 5 last night we were disappointed to open the box and find that they included a second set of the year 4 locations and villain cards and therefore abruptly ended our game. I have sent USAopoly an email but imagine I won't hear back until Monday. Can someone let me know what each location is like as well as each villain and their respective powers and rewards are so that we can at least attempt to finish playing tonight. Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can continue from where you are. I have not looked at everything from year five, but..

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You open up the third villain location. Voldemort is added to the villain deck. He is always placed at the bottom of the deck face up, so when the second to last villain is flipped, V's card is revealed at the same time. You thus have four active villains (three slots plus Voledmort.) You cannot attack V until the other three are gone. I don't know what his text card reads, but the whole setup is obviously going to be a major game changer. Unless his villain card is replaced with a different version in later years, I'm guessing you can't play years six or seven without that card. It seems as though it is critical to setup and gameplay.

I've only briefly glanced at the Hogwarts cards, but the year five rulebook does not mention any rule changes here aside from adding them to the existing deck. From what I've seen, its more of the similar in this respect - new spells/items/allies to buy, but no new mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am having a great time with this game - just got through games 1-4 in one day!
Now I've opened Box 5 but the rules inside are from Box 4 repeated a second time. The cards seemed correct such as Stupefy but the wrong rules.
This link has a good outline how to play with the cards and the Voldemort rule. Can anyone confirm that this is right?
Basically, add and use the other cards as usual, but play Voldemort in the new way, as listed above.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.