Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question (couldn't find the answer in the FAQ or in a quick search through this forum):

An encounter card says "... monster appears in the MU Streets." I know that the rule says that if a monster appears from an encounter card, it is removed if evaded or when the combat is over. But what if there is no combat (because there is no one in the streets when it appears). I am currently ruling that this kind of appearance doesn't disappear at the end of the Arkham Encounter Phase.

In a similar vein... another question:
Have a Mythos card that puts 3 Maniacs in the Downtown Streetts. I am assuming that these monsters DO NOT count against the Monster Limit and are discarded after one turn (the duration of the Mythos effect).

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters that are put on the board via a Mythos card stay on the board and count toward the monster limit.

When "a monster appears" in an encounter, the monster must be either fought or evaded by the investigator. If evaded, the monster returns to the cup. If defeated, the investigator keeps as a monster trophy. If the investigator is knocked unconscious or driven insane, the monster is returned to the cup.

When "a gate and a monster appears" in an encounter, the investigator is drawn through the gate and delayed, the monster stays on the board, and counts toward the monster limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.