Hide
6 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bounty question -- increase Bounty ever time I do a Merchant Raid? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conall K
msg tools
Quick question about Bounties. Suppose I have Spanish Bounty 1 from doing a Merchant Raid on a Spanish merchant. Then, in my next turn, I do another Merchant Raid on a Spanish merchant. Does my Spanish Bounty now increase to 2 as a result of this second raid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, your bounty level increases every time you do a raid, at least until you max out at 5 for a nation.

Those additional bounties are relevant when Naval Ships have the option to hunt for more than one player at the same time, and when paying those bounties off with Pardons, Clemency, and Missionaries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conall K
msg tools
OK, thanks. I could not find this in the rules, and emailed the company a few days ago, but no reply yet.

Is this somewhere in the rules, or an agreed-upon house rule by the gamer community?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the Bounties & Rewards section:

Quote:
You get a Bounty immediately after:
1) Starting combat with a non-pirate ship
(This includes Merchant Raids)
2) Defeating a Naval ship
(Sinking it or winning Crew Combat)

Quote:
When you get an additional Bounty from a nation,
you move the token in question up the track. So when
getting a second Spanish Bounty you move the Spanish
token up the track from “1” to “2”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Esther Phillips - Baby, I'm for Real!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conallk wrote:
OK, thanks. I could not find this in the rules, and emailed the company a few days ago, but no reply yet.

Is this somewhere in the rules, or an agreed-upon house rule by the gamer community?

Major section Bounties & Awards, sub heading Getting Bounties on page 11:

rules wrote:
When you get an additional Bounty from a nation, you move the token in question up the track. So when you get a second Spanish Bounty, you move the Spanish token up the track from "1" to "2"... The "Bounty Track" goes as high as "5" which is the maximum amount of Bounties you can gave from any single nation.

There's a picture directly below that to illustrate.

[edit] Your frigate is too nimble for my old galleon, Woelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conall K
msg tools
OK, thanks. I interpreted this to mean that you get an initial Bounty for either a Merchant Raid or Defeating a Naval ship, and then only cards cause the Bounty to increase.

Got it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.