Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
America

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/america-40892-p.asp

£19.99 plus delivery, cheapest delivery is by royal mail 48 hour. Only released a couple of weeks ago when I paid about 35 quid! I guess it's not selling well due to concerns about the American nature of the content but we've enjoyed our games despite having no idea about the NBA or who Johnny Appleseed is!

If you've enjoyed Terra and Fauna and would like a bit of pop culture in the game then I'd recommend this for the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sinden
United Kingdom
Twickenham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: America Boardgameguru £23.89 delivered
I think it's not unsurprising that a quiz game based on America is not selling well outside of America.

Ok, if you have both Terra and Fauna and fancy some more questions then sure, this is worth getting... but if not then both Terra and Fauna are so much better options.

On the subject, I've no idea how many copies of America he's expecting to sell in ESsen, but I think I'm safe in saying it's not going to break any records...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: America Boardgameguru £23.89 delivered
I wouldn't disagree with you, but there is only one copy left in stock anyway now...

I found there to be a fair number of questions I was familiar with: breaking bad, walking dead and xbox one all spring to mind. Others I could have a good guess at: number of apples in an apple pie? There are a few that I had absolutely no idea about but the Fauna system is pretty good with taking an educated guess. I did establish just how poor my knowledge of US geography was!

The pop culture references mean the game will date in a way that the previous versions will not, but I think it's a good buy at this price. Of course your mileage might vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.