GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,046 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Pandemic: In the Lab» Forums » General

Subject: I expect 'no', but ... Lab Challenge with Legacy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Something Awry
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
badge
Grr. Arg.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally sold on Lab Challenge. There's just so much theme there, and palpable sharing of success/failure, I really consider it integral to the Pandemic experience.

I'm not sure if Pandemic: Legacy is in my future, but I've purposefully avoided any spoilers for it just in case.

Is it at all conceivable that Legacy could be played through with Lab Challenge, or would it be a stretch too far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic Legacy is a very different beast to the base game and its expansions - Legacy starts very much like the base game, but fairly quickly things change - each month you'll discover new rules, and uncover more and more of the storyline. Some of the new rules may be familiar if you've played every single module in all the expansions, but there's also a lot of surprises in store.

The Lab Challenge itself is not part of Legacy (or anything quite that similar) but if you like the idea of an exciting storyline that you can build up with your friends and you're not afraid of permanently changing your game board, character sheets and occasionally destroying a card or two, then Legacy is well worth the investment.

Heck, who knows, maybe Season 2 will have something similar to the Lab Challenge in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't suggest mixing them. Legacy has some of the thematic elements that the lab challenge brings, and there is a definite need to be economical with actions. Since the lab challenge is a bit action intensive, I think you would be setting yourself up for a rough go. I wouldn't be surprised to see bits of it in season 2, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
We know a Season 2 of Pandemic Legacy is being tested.
Maybe it would include In the Lab mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.