Hide
2 Posts

1st Alamein» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions on the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Folli
msg tools
I'm a newbie wargame player (and not an English mothertongue), so I need some hint to correctly play this game.
I just played once with my 12-year son and we liked the game.
1) Do spent units defend at their normal combat factor, as they were Unspent?
2) Movement: can I pass through (not stop) an hex already containing its maximum stack?
3) Defence bonus: does it apply to infantry units only? And must these units have a minimum strength? Does an allied unit in a box (combat factor 1) receive the +2 bonus?
4) a unit must retreat (R1 or R2) through an enemy ZOC: is it destroyed in any case?

Sorry if the questions could be obvious for expert players, but this is not our case.
Thank you for your help

Stefano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Coatney
Norway
Flateby
Akershus
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I just found this, Stefano.

A unit generally may NOT retreat through an enemy ZOC and is eliminated by an R2 result. In the case of an R1, it is just Spent. Like in No Retreat!

Spent units defend at their normal factor, but the attacker gets a +1 shift against them if half or more of the units in the defending stack are Spent.

The box defending bonuses have to be matched, so a 1-factor unit alone would get only a 1 factor bonus. And yes, to infantry units only.

Without looking at the rules - it is really late here ... I think you can pass through a hex maximum-stacked by friendly units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.