Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am finding it very hard to understand how this game works, it might be that I am not native English speaker... Anyway a couple of questions

When Trading in a port city, do I have to exhaust an hero to do this action? If so, can I exhaust any hero regardless of the class, skill and ability?

In a port city do I have to do 2 actions or it can be 1 or 0?

When trading can I buy as many equipment as available? Do I immediately turn over as many as indicated on the trader card? What happens to the ones not bought?

On the faq you say that passive abilities are active when that hero takes part to something and that heroes go to the exhausted at the end of the action. there is an hero whose passive ability says to roll when exhausted, is this ability never activated?

If I decide to use diplomacy on a port city I have to exhaust a Diplomat and add his diplomacy skill to the roll, right? Can I also exhaust another Diplomat to increase the total?

When Hercules is replaced if he's resting or exhausted does Medea comes resting or exhausted too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to exhaust a hero to do the Trading action in a port city, but some heroes have special abilities that improve the trading action, and which will require you to exhaust that hero.

You don't have to perform any of the actions in a port city if you don't want to, or in some instances, can't do so anyway.

You can buy as many items as there are available. Any that you don't buy just goes to the discard pile.

Medea comes in at the same position as Hercules departs.

Unsure about the diplomacy question, but I don't see any reason why you can't exhaust more than one diplomat and get an increased bonus.

Not sure about the passive ability question.

I hope you continue the journey for the fleece and return safely to Iolkis..........!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Carmine,

I had a lot of questions initially, too, but once they'd been cleared up, it has been a lot of fun playing the game.

For the questions that Dave answered, I would play them the same, except maybe that I would only allow using one diplomat in a hearing, but that is my own interpretation and I don't see anything in the rules that would disallow using more. Hopefully, the designers will answer this one.

About the "passive abilities" question, could you specify which card you are talking about? I had a quick look, but I'm not sure which one it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers

Rereading the card it says When used so I was wrong in my assuption

Hope we can have official ruling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All of Dave's and Kathrin's points were correct. thumbsup

Regarding the following:
22764636 wrote:
If I decide to use diplomacy on a port city I have to exhaust a Diplomat and add his diplomacy skill to the roll, right? Can I also exhaust another Diplomat to increase the total?

it's "exhaust A Diplomat", so it's one Diplomat (likewise, in Argo events it's "exhaust A Sailor" etc.).

I hope this subject is clarified
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.